Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber und Schwarz - good or bad?

Article about: Hello everyone some years ago someone brought me these two German wound badges (2 and 3 class). I would like to know wherther they are original or not. Both of them are unmarked and the blac

Default Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber und Schwarz - good or bad?

Hello everyone
    some years ago someone brought me these two German wound badges (2 and 3 class). I would like to know wherther they are original or not. Both of them are unmarked and the black one has signs of rust and is poorly preserved
    thank you very much
    Sever
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber und Schwarz  - good or bad?   Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber und Schwarz  - good or bad?  

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber und Schwarz  - good or bad?  
    Last edited by rbminis; 01-29-2015 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber und Schwarz  - good or bad?
    P
    Many

Both look fine.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you very much Mr. Stevenson. I was afraid that at least one of these badges might not be original. Now I will focus on finding also the Wound Badge 1 class in gold, in order to complete the group, although here in Romania,is quite a difficult task
    Best regards
    Sever

I agree. Two good WB. Not the best pictures so not that easy to tell which maker but I would provisionally say that the silver grade is an unmarked tombak piece made by Hauptmunzamt Wien (30).

The black grade looks like steel rather than zinc or tombak and I think it is likely a 30 as well.

However, I am not a WB expert so anyone else have input here?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2 good ones.

I would agree with Mark re the possible makers.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you very much for the identification. I am glad that they proved to be ok. Now I have to look also for a Wound badge in gold in order to complete the series. Unfortunately they are hard to find in these parts
    Best regards
    Sever

They look both good.