Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Verwundetenabzeichen 20 Juli 1944 in Gold

Article about: Hello, my father has a golden wound badge with 20 juli 1944 on it and with the signature. I've heard that this one is worth thousands and I just wanted to know if EVERY authentic piece has a

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum!
    The reverse photo is of the other wound badge in the collection.
    If you really want to find out if the one you are asking about is original or not, go and take some clear photos of the front and reverse and post them.
    There is nothing we can tell you about the medals with clear photos.

The collection does have some original medals in it but I can't tell if they are all original or not.
    Also, if you want to post any of the other medals, post them separately in a new thread for each one that you are asking about. There are different sections for some of the medals.
    Ralph.
    Ralph.
    Thank you, I'm sorry I just joined

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 20 Juli 1944 in Gold
    P
    Many

Quote by maximilianh View Post
    Thank you, I'm sorry I just joined
    I am aware of that, that's why I said, "Hello and welcome to the forum!"
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Default Verwundetenabzeichen 20 Juli 1944 in Gold (clear pictures)

Ok so I'm restarting this thread, I have better pictures now. Still nothing on the backside tho :'(

Now that I see it myself again, the color scheme doesn't seem correct :/

The originals of these were high quality pieces, which does not coincide with the photos you posted.
    There is no doubt this is a copy.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    The originals of these were high quality pieces, which does not coincide with the photos you posted.
    There is no doubt this is a copy.
    Ralph.
    oh unfortunate, no chance that it is a different version, or just plain fake?

Fake, you can see clearly the lack of quality detail on the front.
    Ralph.

Ok, thank you so much!! Sorry about posting new threads, I didn't know this one was moved (I am not known with forums)

No chance at all. These were prestigious awards made from solid silver and to the highest standard of quality in a very limited production run by a renowned manufacturer (Juncker).

As above. The obverse shows an obvious crudeness. You can see bumps and ripples typical of a poorly cast fake. There is a good chance that trading for awards in Germany after the war would produce some hit or miss items. Souvenirs continued to be a commodity after the war and some were reproduced or put together from parts early on. By the 1970s, the demand for Third Reich collectibles led to an entire industry of fakes. Better photos of the other items individually will no doubt bring you some better news. Welcome to the group and I look forward to seeing some of the other items with better photos. Neil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2