Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen in black

Article about: Any ideas on originality. Thanks

?

Default Verwundetenabzeichen in black

Verwundetenabzeichen in blackVerwundetenabzeichen in black

Any ideas on originality. ThanksVerwundetenabzeichen in black
    Last edited by rbminis; 11-05-2018 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in black
    P
    Many

?

Hello Matiu
    If you are thinking of buying this badge, don't. If you have already bought it, return it. It is a so-called Low Rim Fake. The telltale signs are the lack of rear helmet rivet (not always a bad thing!) the distinct dog bone shaped interior of the bow, the pronounced central ridge of the upper sword blades and the tall sheet metal hinge. There are plenty of others out there mate.

Regards
    Brett

?

Quote by Brett View Post
    Hello Matiu
    If you are thinking of buying this badge, don't. If you have already bought it, return it. It is a so-called Low Rim Fake. The telltale signs are the lack of rear helmet rivet (not always a bad thing!) the distinct dog bone shaped interior of the bow, the pronounced central ridge of the upper sword blades and the tall sheet metal hinge. There are plenty of others out there mate.

Regards
    Brett
    Many thanks for replying Brett. I bought this badge many years ago. The German guy that was selling it, had a box of these with a photo suggesting that they were discovered in some loft in Germany. I have since learnt that this guy (along with many other dealers in this hobby are dishonest). I paid £10 for it, so no big loss. I really appreciate your knowledge. Thank you. It will go in my box of shame. (fake items)

I have a couple more that I have paid significantly more for. I would appreciate your thoughts on these...Cheers

One of my wound badges; a case of an authentic example with no rear rivet on the helmet. No maker markings present.

Verwundetenabzeichen in black

Regards, B.B.

?

Thanks for posting. Nice badge. Steve