Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen Black with Envelope - real of fake?

Article about: Hi Guys, I was offered this BWB and given 3 crappy cell phone photos to review. Could those of you with much better eyes than mine make a determination of authenticity of this badge based on

Default Verwundetenabzeichen Black with Envelope - real of fake?

Hi Guys,
    I was offered this BWB and given 3 crappy cell phone photos to review. Could those of you with much better eyes than mine make a determination of authenticity of this badge based on these photos alone? I do appreciate your help. Thanks, Bob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen Black with Envelope - real of fake?
    P
    Many

I was able to get the seller to send some "better" photos. Appears the badge is unmarked. Thanks for your comments. Bob

Hi Guys,

Anybody care to weigh in on this BWB? Thanks, Bob

?

The catch is a little higher than some, Although some makers did affix it this way... There is also lack of definition on the sword ( Left ) .. The pin seems to worn into the badge too. That's all I can add..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen Black with Envelope - real of fake?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Verwundetenabzeichen Black with Envelope - real of fake? 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Odd one...the hinge is wider than usual as well...and there's a flaw in the dot-pattern...Gwar's helpful input has me questioning the authenticity of this badge as well...too dubious, you'll find another one that's less questionable out there, friend...Out of caution, I recommend passing on this one...
    cheers, Glenn

Missing rear rivet on the helmet as well.
    I would agree with Glenn, pass on this one.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Alright! Thank you gentlemen. I did notice the poor definition of the sword and the cross guard too. Always appreciative, Bob

Trying to decipher the name on the packet could go a long way in helping I.D. this badge, or maybe not! However, whatever the makers name is from what I think I can see, it doesn't ring any bells with me for any of the Vienna makers I'm familiar with, but looks O.K. I think. But I'm not a wound badge collector per se.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Trying to decipher the name on the packet could go a long way in helping I.D. this badge, or maybe not! However, whatever the makers name is from what I think I can see, it doesn't ring any bells with me for any of the Vienna makers I'm familiar with, but looks O.K. I think. But I'm not a wound badge collector per se.
    Well, I was trying to work out the name on the packet too and it is not one I recognise. It also bears the abbreviation GmbH (Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung or Company with Limited Liabitity) and whilst the legislation providing for this has been around since the late 19th century I am not sure it was used that much during the TR period, I certainly am not used to seeing it like this (maybe I have not been paying attention). Also for the reasons given above I do not like this badge and it is not rare. A very good example with no issues will be easy to find and will not break the bank.

Just adding to the consensus really!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

The bag is marked for "Argentor Werke" Rust & Hetzel, Vienna.

Black Wound badge with Envelope

A difference in hardware I notice.

Regards
    Brett

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast