Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Gold.

Article about: it's the original finish. the pics do not do it justice. in hand it's blinding. i've never seen one in this condition. i've seen one close, but not like this.

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Gold.

it's the original finish. the pics do not do it justice. in hand it's blinding.

i've never seen one in this condition. i've seen one close, but not like this.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Gold.
    P
    Many

?

I haven't..... I've seen quite a few... Man, I saw about 100 this last weekend.. NONE looked like yours...

thanks for the compliments gentleman.

and to get back to the OP's badge, i wanted to post my example to highlight the different pin and the different way in with the leaves are scalloped. looking at the OP's badge, the profile of the "scalloping" is more acute. where, looking at the silver, the margins of the badge from back view show a softer scallop.

the catch is different as well. although i'd like different views of that to confirm.

Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Gold.Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Gold.

the sword crossguards facing outward to the margins of the OP's badge look "stunted" as well.

the helmet of the OP's badge is different. the forward aspect of the helmet is "elongated" slightly as compared to mine. at least it appears as such in the photos provided.

i don't suggest these are "issues" as to originality. i merely point out my observations.

i collect and handle MANY more of the VWA we usually see and not these type 1 badges. this one i own simply because based on condition, i could not let it pass. so it sits in the collection.
    i do not consider myself expert on this badge. but i do note that the appearance of the OP's badge strikes me immediately as different from my own and put this out there for discussion.

these are relatively pricey badges and i think detailed discussion certainly does not hurt when a purchase is being considered.

well i've just come back from looking at some photos i have of other examples. the details of the hardware set up and badge margins as seen from the reverse match mine.

i am unable to find a badge which matches the OP's badge.

i would defer to someone who has seen more of these than i if someone can tell me this is a variant. with my somewhat limited experience handling these, i personally am not aware of one and i (personally) would look for a more "standard" badge.

beyond that, i'd like to see further commentary.

?

Hello Duff
    The badge you show is currently for sale on the German War Booty site & John T admits that it is the first
    time he has seen a zinc one of these. Personally I would give it a wide berth because of the base metal &
    condition, but others might think differently. By the way, Tempelhof, that is one beautiful badge you show.

Apparently, according to William E Hamelman in his book, these first type badges were still being awarded
    as late as 1942.

Regards
    Brett
    Last edited by Brett; 07-16-2013 at 11:22 AM.

?

Brett - you are 100% correct. I used "that" medal as an example, as the discussion was based upon the Condor being "open backed." Appreciate the citation about the medals being issued until 42'!....

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    here is my silver with slightly different pin:

Attachment 539362Attachment 539363Attachment 539364
    what is your opinion on the one that started the thread? I somewhat like it, almost looks like an older "30" with that stlye of reverse pin.

William Kramer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3