Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold Cased

Article about: Hi All, I'm Looking at purchasing this cased GWB. Unfortunately I could not save pictures from the seller's site, so I will have to link it. The badge itself seems ok, but shouldn't the case

Hi axel,

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with your brief summation and point of view. I'm aware that the Vienna Mint made wound badge dies for other makers, but there is always a difference in each master die produced, and the one I show above is a direct match to the Hauptmunzamt Wien '30' marked badges and is accepted as such.

It should be remembered that the view of most serious collectors was that the unmarked tombak badges pre-dated BOTH the LDO (private purchase) and PKZ (awarded) badges, medals, spangen etc. of all types. In this case, the '30' marked WB's are estimated to have come about in mid to late 1942 when it is thought that the PKZ system was first used, whereas the LDO (private purchase) system was earlier still being introduced after March the 1st 1941.

Furthermore, it has been shown across the board of pinned TR awards that whatever die pattern was supplied to, and used by other makers, each one had it's own it's own rear hardware set up, never are two absolutely identical.

If this critical point were to be ignored by collectors, the entire basis of which maker made what particular early unmarked award, whether it be a badge, EK1, spangen, etc., etc., it would be impossible to ascertain the known manufacturers and the knowledge gained over many years of study by scholarly collectors would be worth NOTHING if your take on matters is to be believed. I'm sorry, but it doesn't hold up under examination in my opinion.

Regards, Ned.
    Last edited by big ned; 03-01-2016 at 01:46 AM.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold Cased
    P
    Many

Hi Ned,
    my english is to bad, to understand, what you wrote or mean there.
    axel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3