Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

verwundetenabzeichen in gold ......floch or not

Article about: found this for sale on the net looks oke to me ,but not so sure i have seen floch copie"s so youre opinion is verry helpfull thanks gr andreas

Default verwundetenabzeichen in gold ......floch or not

verwundetenabzeichen in gold ......floch or notverwundetenabzeichen in gold ......floch or not

found this for sale on the net
    looks oke to me ,but not so sure
    i have seen floch copie"s

so youre opinion is verry helpfull

thanks
    gr andreas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement verwundetenabzeichen in gold ......floch or not
    P
    Many

verwundetenabzeichen in gold ......floch or notverwundetenabzeichen in gold ......floch or not

this is a floch example to compare with the above gold one ,there are some diverence in the hardware

You're correct in your assumption. It's the Floch L/14 Gold type fake with a slightly different hinge and pin than that normally found which is a 'flat' coke bottle type pin and a small block hinge, the roundwire catch remains the same. Just a variant on an old theme.

EDIT: I see you've already figured it out....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Here is a recent discussion of the L/14 Gold Floch fake: Silver and Gold Verwundetenabzeichen

/Jonas

L/14........you've been Floched! What the floch is that sorry I couldn't resist

thanks for all comments! Do you guys know if there is a maker who uses these kind of hardware??
    Greetz Andreas

Looking at this again, i've noticed that the LDO stamp is pressed in, and not raised like on all the other Floch L/14 fakes. That means that a different die must have been used. That's really odd and I think this needs looking into further. Eyes peeled everyone on your other fora travels!
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Well, that's a new one on me, cheers Brett! The impressed LDO number got me thinking again, but I haven't seen this variant before, it must be rare. I wonder how many have been overlooked in the past because they have been deemed bad? Just goes to show that you never stop learning! Here's the pic's for those who cant see them in the HWM thread.

verwundetenabzeichen in gold ......floch or notverwundetenabzeichen in gold ......floch or notverwundetenabzeichen in gold ......floch or not