Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui.

Article about: Hi everyone, I found on a auction site this Gold Wound Badge. It come with case and maker-marked "30". It really look nice, too nice to me. I need expert like you guys to help me t

Question Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui.

Hi everyone,

I found on a auction site this Gold Wound Badge. It come with case and maker-marked "30". It really look nice, too nice to me. I need expert like you guys to help me to know if it's really a original gold wound badge or a fake? Thank a lot!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui.   Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui.  

Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui.   Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui.  

Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui.  
    Last edited by Adrian; 09-12-2013 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui.
    P
    Many

Yes. A very nice '30' ( Hauptmunzamt Wein ) marked variation.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I think the case has been mismatched at a later time and is most likely not original to this badge. From the start GWB's were awarded in black cases with a white insert tray, and on occaision so were SWB'S. The burgundy case was with the same coloured insert and was specifically for SWB's and never Gold. I would bear this in mind if you decide to bid on the badge, as it will affect it's value as it's not what collectors like to see. The badge is a fine wide pin '30' by Haupmunzamt Wien, a nice piece.

Regards, Ned.
    Last edited by big ned; 09-09-2013 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Mong spelling.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I think the case has been mismatched at a later time and is most likely not original to this badge. From the start GWB's were awarded in black cases with a white insert tray, and on occaision so were SWB'S. The burgundy case was with the same coloured insert and was specifically for SWB's and never Gold. I would bear this in mind if you decide to bid on the badge, as it will affect it's value as it's not what collectors like to see. The badge is a fine wide in '30' by Haupmunzamt Wien, a nice piece.

Regards, Ned.
    Really? Thank, but what price I should not exceed than? and in what metal you would say the badge is made of?

I wouldn't go much above $350 at auction, but you could probably move the case on for around maybe $90-$100 as it's a better one made of wood with a metal hinge rather than the usual cardboard type. The badge is tombak (brass) plated with gold. This particular maker is considered the Rolls Royce of WB manufacturers.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ned's about said it all...nothing more to add! A nice badge in great condition in an mismatched case. The proper black cases with the push buttons are out there-you just have to hunt for them. In the meantime, you can recoup abit of your purchase price selling the case to a collector with a nice minty SWB.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Ok thank for the help guys, I'll keep this in mind!

?

I have moved this thread to the correct forum. If you continue to post pieces in the wrong place the threads will simply be deleted.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I have moved this thread to the correct forum. If you continue to post pieces in the wrong place the threads will simply be deleted.
    I don't get it... What I'm doing wrong? I post this thread in the orders & decorations of the third reich forum...

?

Quote by General View Post
    I don't get it... What I'm doing wrong? I post this thread in the orders & decorations of the third reich forum...
    Yes you did.

Which forum is it in now?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast