Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui.

Article about: Hi everyone, I found on a auction site this Gold Wound Badge. It come with case and maker-marked "30". It really look nice, too nice to me. I need expert like you guys to help me t

Pure comedic gold..... Mit Etui of course.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui.
    P
    Many

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Yes you did.

Which forum is it in now?
    Verwundetenabzeichen... but I don't speak german, how I'm suppose to know?

I suppose it could be assumed that if you're in the hobby and collect these items that you would also know the name for them? It sure is a beauty! Hang in there, friend...it's all part of the learning process...
    cheers, Glenn

Here is a link to the German names of the various awards and badges. It's been debated here on occasion that only the German names of these badges and awards be used. Some people agree and some people do not, but the powers that be have so decreed that they must be used and so they created this link to help the non-German speakers and readers identify the names for their awards. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...nology-137343/
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

If you took time to research your pieces and look on the forum you would see that there is a separate sub forum for Wound Badges or Verwundetenabzeichen.

There is a pinned thread on the main Orders and Decorations page which lists all the German awards and the German name for them. You will also note that the titles of threads use the German name for the piece in question.

It's all part of collecting and learning as you go.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Here is a link to the German names of the various awards and badges. It's been debated here on occasion that only the German names of these badges and awards be used. Some people agree and some people do not, but the powers that be have so decreed that they must be used and so they created this link to help the non-German speakers and readers identify the names for their awards. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...nology-137343/
    Hahaha the're like one thousand different names!

- - Updated - -

Quote by Adrian View Post
    If you took time to research your pieces and look on the forum you would see that there is a separate sub forum for Wound Badges or Verwundetenabzeichen.

There is a pinned thread on the main Orders and Decorations page which lists all the German awards and the German name for them. You will also note that the titles of threads use the German name for the piece in question.

It's all part of collecting and learning as you go.
    Ok I get it now, I'll post my future posts in the correct forum lol

?

Quote by General View Post
    Hahaha the're like one thousand different names!
    Yes but each German name has the English equivalent next to it and so you can see both therefore you know which is the correct name for a particular piece.

Quote by General View Post
    Hi everyone,

I found on a auction site this Gold Wound Badge. It come with case and maker-marked "30". It really look nice, too nice to me. I need expert like you guys to help me to know if it's really a original gold wound badge or a fake? Thank a lot!
    Hello there,

I would say, that for a tombak GWB, "30" is the most common maker so I would not pay an absolute premium for it at auction but that is up to you; these come up for sale quite often and can be found relatively easily. At any rate, this is a 100% textbook badge from this maker and is correct in every way.

William Kramer

I'd be happy with a 'standard' 30 marked GWB - these wide
    pin type are not quite as common.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2