Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui. Real or not?

Article about: Hi all, the vendor has finally gotten back to me with his price, see below, Ive been letting some of my TR items go to make way for my main focus, which is ................... I've researche

?

Default Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui. Real or not?

Hi, have been offered this Boxed Gold Wound badge to buy and not having any expertise concerning these items I was hoping for some helpful opinions concerning whether it is original or not, and if good, what would its approximate value be in US$ of Euro, many thanks in advance,
    Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui. Real or not?   Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui. Real or not?  

Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui. Real or not?   Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui. Real or not?  

Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui. Real or not?  
    Last edited by Adrian; 06-04-2012 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui. Real or not?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Boxed Gold Wound Badge, Real or not?

Hi Mark, welcome to THE forum!

That's a minty GWB by the Vienna Mint (30). The hardware, number stamp and especially the machined finish on the reverse make this a really nice genuine piece. The case is excellent too. I would be happy to pay $350 for it from a dealer, a bit less if private.

If you don't want it, you could always p.m. me the details I'll have it!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

The award looks original but I have a feeling the red boxes were for the silver grade. Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong. I can't help with prices.

It's a beauty
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Glenn is absolutely correct-the maroon boxes were silvers and the black with the buttons were generally for golds. But, yes-the badge is good and so is the case, but they have been improperly mated, is all.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

same thoughts here. box is for silver grade.

the GWB is good. but if mated to the proper box, you'd likely have a black, push-button model with (usually) a "Hauptmunzamt Wien" sticker affixed to the bottom or evidence of one having been there. not always.

Thumbs up Re: Boxed Gold Wound Badge, Real or not?

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    same thoughts here. box is for silver grade.

the GWB is good. but if mated to the proper box, you'd likely have a black, push-button model with (usually) a "Hauptmunzamt Wien" sticker affixed to the bottom or evidence of one having been there. not always.
    Were they always presented in a black box and never in a maroon one? Reason I ask is there is a LOT of GWB's out there in these types of box. I've even seen a GWB (30) in a maroon box with the blue 'Hauptmunzamt Wien' sticker on the bottom of the box, would someone really go to this trouble? Is it really worth that much more doing this?

I would be interested to know if it is a possibility. I once purchased a Zimmermann (20) DKiS in a silver trimmed case, fine most may think. But Zimmermann only ever put their silver DK's in a GOLD trimmed case as per the DKiG. I was able to prove the set was put together and returned it. Yet all the time you see Zimmermann DKiS's for sale in silver trimmed boxes, so these are being put together to decieve. Is this the deal with all these GWB's for sale in maroon boxes? Thanks for your considerations chaps!

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui. Real or not?

Thanks for all the comments, observation and advice folks. The box is still a problem. I quote the sellers email to me,
    Hi Mark, yes the GWB is sitll available ... I also have a nice Buntsmetal Silver Wound Badge by the same maker and a Buntsmetal Black Wound badge that is unmarked that I can offer to the buyer of the GWB.
    Perhaps the Gold and Silver were mixed up??What effect on the price would it be if the two pieces are incorrectly mated?? I'm yet to raise the box question with the seller, but have requested photos as well as any History for both the Silver and Black WB's. Can't afford all 3 WB's so I'm concentrating on acquiring the best piece, the GWB, at a fair price from the private seller.
    Kind regards
    Mark

Hi Mark,

Whilst looking at these boxes earlier, I saw one for sale, similar condition, asking price $100!!

Regards, Ned.

?

Hi Ned,
    thanks for your help, did the box seller specify the type of wound badge G or S the box was for?
    thanks
    Mark in Oz, PS looked like fun in the Thames yesterday!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast