Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen Gold, MM WIEN "30 + etui

Article about: Hi all, I have only black and silver version for the moment and I am seriously thinking about buying this VWA in gold. For what I've seen the set looks OK to me. I would even say it is in co

Default Verwundetenabzeichen Gold, MM WIEN "30 + etui

Hi all,

I have only black and silver version for the moment and I am seriously thinking about buying this VWA in gold. For what I've seen the set looks OK to me. I would even say it is in conditions which justify a quite high price. I am a bit concerned about the solder traces at the base of the catch and the hinge. Comparing others seen on the web it looks normal but I just would like to be sure it cannot be a repaired. What do you think about it?

Sorry the pics are not great...

thanks for your comments.

regards,
    Pierre
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen Gold, MM WIEN "30 + etui   Verwundetenabzeichen Gold, MM WIEN "30 + etui  

Verwundetenabzeichen Gold, MM WIEN "30 + etui   Verwundetenabzeichen Gold, MM WIEN "30 + etui  

Verwundetenabzeichen Gold, MM WIEN "30 + etui   Verwundetenabzeichen Gold, MM WIEN "30 + etui  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen Gold, MM WIEN "30 + etui
    P
    Many

Looks original to me, but a repair job with the hinge & catch. The catch on these were poorly attatched originally. Have seen a couple that were almost at their breaking point.

I passed on one on a recent auction because the catch was bent & looked like it was ready to give out.

Thanks a lot for your opinion, I'm less temped knowing it's been repaired.

Anyway it looks this version has quite "fragile" catch and hook. I've seen on the web other versions of this MM with large flat pin that looks more solid, maybe a later version?

best regards,

Pierre

It's been proven hinges & hardware were contracted, at least on navy badges. I have seen these "30" gold ones with strong flat pins.

I agree with David, it looks like a repair to me as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by real steel View Post
    I have seen these "30" gold ones with strong flat pins.
    There are two types of wide pins on these 30 marked badges. There is a wide "tapered" pin as well as just a wide pin.
    Here is my silver wide "tapered" pin with no excess solder on the attachment points.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)