Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Verwundetenabzeichen Gold original?

Article about: by Adrian I can't say for certain based upon these photos but based upon these photos I think it needs a closer look. There's enough to ask the question. Thanks adrian for your help. I have

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen Gold original?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I can't say for certain based upon these photos but based upon these photos I think it needs a closer look. There's enough to ask the question.
    Thanks adrian for your help. I have looked closer myself and I have to agree that the finish looks suspicious. It looks thicker then usual. And as you pointed out about the ding on the helmet , it should be paint loss there . I will pass on the badge. Many thanks all of you for your kind help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen Gold original?
    P
    Many

i have good wound badges with "dings" like this and no loss of finish.

i do not want to contradict Adrian, however, and in fact, i now agree with him that this one may be one that you need to judge in hand.

i say this, because it seems more "aggressively dinged" than examples i would compare it to.

i don't see anything obviously wrong with it. perhaps... yes... some slightly apparent difference between condition of obverse and reverse?

but at any rate, on reading Adrian's comment, i find myself falling in line, so to speak, on the side of caution at least to the extent that an in hand inspection can not hurt.

?

Anyone is free to contradict me, this is a discussion forum!

I say what I see from the images before me and these tell me there might be an issue regarding the finish. The badge is original but before jumping in and buying it, it should be inspected a little closer to be sure of the finish.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks a lot for your comments guys. Though I don´t have the opportunity to inspect it before buying it I will stay away from it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2