Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen (Gold Wound Badge) in Gold, Marked 30

Article about: I want to add a couple Gold wound badges to the collection. Is this a good example? and fair price? I heard some things about emedals, so I'm uncertain about purchasing it. Check link below.

Default Verwundetenabzeichen (Gold Wound Badge) in Gold, Marked 30

I want to add a couple Gold wound badges to the collection. Is this a good example? and fair price? I heard some things about emedals, so I'm uncertain about purchasing it. Check link below.

Wound Badge; Gold Grade by Marker 30 | eMedals

Also, if any one can suggest one that is for sale online. That would be tremendous help!

Thanks, Dan

aka Dano

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen (Gold Wound Badge)  in Gold, Marked 30
    P
    Many

Hi Dano,

It's genuine, but that's a lot of money for a zinc '30' imo. I paid less for a mint tombak one by the same maker (Hauptmunzamt Wien) a while back, although it is unmarked. They are not uncommon, and come up for sale regularly on WAF Estand and other collector forums at much fairer prices if you are patient and wait. This cost me $230.

Regards, Ned.

Verwundetenabzeichen (Gold Wound Badge)  in Gold, Marked 30Verwundetenabzeichen (Gold Wound Badge)  in Gold, Marked 30
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

It's a good one, pricey but good. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen (Gold Wound Badge)  in Gold, Marked 30   Verwundetenabzeichen (Gold Wound Badge)  in Gold, Marked 30  

Thank you, Ned I had a feeling it was pricey. I'm on the hunt!

?

Smile Gwb

Hello,
    I agree, way too much for a zinc badge. Wait, and you will find a minty one. Here is my cased example and they are a lot more flashier.

Jody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen (Gold Wound Badge)  in Gold, Marked 30   Verwundetenabzeichen (Gold Wound Badge)  in Gold, Marked 30  

Verwundetenabzeichen (Gold Wound Badge)  in Gold, Marked 30  
    Attached Images Attached Images Verwundetenabzeichen (Gold Wound Badge)  in Gold, Marked 30 

Quote by Jody View Post
    Hello,
    I agree, way too much for a zinc badge. Wait, and you will find a minty one. Here is my cased example and they are a lot more flashier.

Jody
    That's one sweet minty award Jody!! Leon.

Nice badge Jody,

I must say that's the first '30' i've ever seen with the pin (tapered or wide) being fitted UNDER the horizontal securing pin. Surely a rare variation?

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Here's my cased wide pin.

Regards, Ned.

Verwundetenabzeichen (Gold Wound Badge)  in Gold, Marked 30Verwundetenabzeichen (Gold Wound Badge)  in Gold, Marked 30

?

Hi Ned,
    They are a little harder to find and I had a silver example just like it. I wonder if these are earlier?

Jody

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Dano,

It's genuine, but that's a lot of money for a zinc '30' imo. I paid less for a mint tombak one by the same maker (Hauptmunzamt Wien) a while back, although it is unmarked. They are not uncommon, and come up for sale regularly on WAF Estand and other collector forums at much fairer prices if you are patient and wait. This cost me $230.

Regards, Ned.

I think the price is right... and the description says "tombac" no zinc, do you think the description of this incorrect emedals Ned? that they have the item in their hands???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast