MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Verwundetenabzeichen (Gold Wound Badge) in Gold, Marked 30

Article about: I want to add a couple Gold wound badges to the collection. Is this a good example? and fair price? I heard some things about emedals, so I'm uncertain about purchasing it. Check link below.

Quote by andrewx View Post
    I think the price is right... and the description says "tombac" no zinc, do you think the description of this incorrect emedals Ned? that they have the item in their hands???
    Hi Andrew,

They may have the 'item in their hands', but their description is 100% wrong when it comes to describing the base material.

Tell me, when was the last time you saw a tombak award that had a cast in hinge and catch?

Here's another example of a gold maker marked '30' wound badge in zinc. Note the diminished finish that is often described as have being 'absorbed' (hence my stated suprise at the amount of finish left as mentioned in my original post). The only difference is the rounded rather than pointed tip of the pin, which is not a problem and is accepted as genuine.

I wouldn't trust Emedals description of many of their items, as they carry many fakes that are obviously listed as genuine when they are patently not to the eye of the experienced collector. Yet you seem to carry a torch for these people, as if you are on some personal crusade by constantly promoting them, and always quoting them as the place to buy when anyone asks for opinions or suchlike on a wide variety of awards, badges and medals. These no doubt well meant, but seriously misguided actions of yours could easily result in someone purchasing a bogus item from them. Please refrain from pushing this company as the 'go to place', which is what you have done repeatedly since you joined here without actually having sufficient knowledge about the items under scrutiny.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but it has to be said (again).

Absit Invidia, Ned.

Verwundetenabzeichen (Gold Wound Badge)  in Gold, Marked 30Verwundetenabzeichen (Gold Wound Badge)  in Gold, Marked 30Verwundetenabzeichen (Gold Wound Badge)  in Gold, Marked 30
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen (Gold Wound Badge)  in Gold, Marked 30
    P
    Many

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Andrew,

They may have the 'item in their hands', but their description is 100% wrong when it comes to describing the base material.

Tell me, when was the last time you saw a solid tombak award that had a cast in hinge and catch?

Here's another example of a gold maker marked '30' wound badge in zinc. Note the diminished finish that is often described as have being 'absorbed' (hence my stated suprise at the amount of finish left as mentioned in my original post). The only difference is the rounded rather than pointed tip of the pin, which is not a problem and is accepted as genuine.

I wouldn't trust Emedals description of many of their items, as they carry many fakes that are obviously listed as genuine when they are patently not to the eye of the experienced collector. Yet you seem to carry a torch for these people, as if you are on some personal crusade by constantly promoting them, and always quoting them as the place to buy when anyone asks for opinions or suchlike on a wide variety of awards, badges and medals. These no doubt well meant, but seriously misguided actions of yours could easily result in someone purchasing a bogus item from them. Please refrain from pushing this company as the 'go to place', which is what you have done repeatedly since you joined here without actually having sufficient knowledge about the items under scrutiny.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but it has to be said (again).

Absit Invidia, Ned.

Verwundetenabzeichen (Gold Wound Badge)  in Gold, Marked 30Verwundetenabzeichen (Gold Wound Badge)  in Gold, Marked 30Verwundetenabzeichen (Gold Wound Badge)  in Gold, Marked 30
    Interesting reply, first I want to thank you for your response and, indeed, you are right, I think I have promoted over this company, but crawling distance is true that the opinions that have been made about emedals in previous forums have been mostly positive.
    I will take into account the advice and I will be more cautious in my recommendations on who to buy ... I also worry a little comment, because about 50% of my collection comes from emedals, I hope I have not "burned" ever. All the items I have received from them have original like me ... of course I'm not an expert on the subject, but once you have been in my hands, I was able to convince me, without a doubt its authenticity ...
    To be honest, and recalling some few years ago I bought a radio operator badge in "emedals" , announced in tombac and keeping it with me and I turned out to be nickel silver ... but fortunately, original
    Again, thanks for the reply Ned... very useful

E-medals.com?!? Trust worthy??

Quote by andrewx View Post
    Interesting reply, first I want to thank you for your response and, indeed, you are right, I think I have promoted over this company, but crawling distance is true that the opinions that have been made about emedals in previous forums have been mostly positive.
    I will take into account the advice and I will be more cautious in my recommendations on who to buy ... I also worry a little comment, because about 50% of my collection comes from emedals, I hope I have not "burned" ever. All the items I have received from them have original like me ... of course I'm not an expert on the subject, but once you have been in my hands, I was able to convince me, without a doubt its authenticity ...
    To be honest, and recalling some few years ago I bought a radio operator badge in "emedals" , announced in tombac and keeping it with me and I turned out to be nickel silver ... but fortunately, original
    Again, thanks for the reply Ned... very useful

E-medals.com?!? Trust worthy??
    Hello Andrew,
    I am sorry if I sounded a little harsh in our couple of previous interactions.
    I do not even visit e-medals site due to the fact that I have heard some disturbing things about them. I would not say that all they sell are fakes because I know that is not true. What I have heard is that they say they will refund but have also heard that they will not.
    It may be in your best interest to post some of the items that you were unsure about and we would be more than happy to have a look and give you our opinions. It is common knowledge that there are some very good fakes out there.
    Ralph.
    By the way, Welcome to the forum!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Andrew, personally there are very few dealers who I would trust 100% as to the "quality" of their expertise and items. Unfortunately e-medals is not one of them. They do get some very nice items but there is also a very steady stream of high end fakes on their site. I would not say do not buy from them, just post any possible purchases first here on the forum for opinions, that way you stand a better chance of getting one of their good pieces. Leon.

?

Hello,
    The bade is zinc on E-medals. As far as E-Medals goes, they do have many good items, but they do have their fare share of bad items. I treat them like any other dealer, you have to know what you are buying is good and do not rely upon them for any guarantee. If you know what you are buying is original, then you can buy from anyone. So know your stuff-educate yourself.

Jody

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2