Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Verwundetenabzeichen Im schwartz

Article about: Genuine examples of TR Wound Badges always have a rear rivet on the helmet. Go to this link for more information: Help Recognising A Fake Wound’s Badge | German Militaria References. R

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen Im schwartz

Genuine examples of TR Wound Badges always have a rear rivet on the helmet. Go to this link for more information: Help Recognising A Fake Wound’s Badge | German Militaria References.

Regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen Im schwartz
    P
    Many

Quote by Desert Fox View Post
    Genuine examples of TR Wound Badges always have a rear rivet on the helmet. Go to this link for more information: Help Recognising A Fake Wound’s Badge | German Militaria References.

Regards
    I would not accept anything said on this site as gospel. He claims that the IAB that he is discussing is made by "Walter and Henlein" when it is actually made by "William Hobacher". Best to use it as a reference along with other information and make your own educated decisions.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I have seen hundreds of TR wound badges, authentic examples always have the rear rivet. I base my judgement on past experience. The guide is nothing more then a reference that supports this. If you want to say the badge is original, then please post an authentic WB missing the rivet to support your claims. I am by no means an expert on these badges, I am only pointing out the huge red flag waving in front of me.

Regards

Quote by Desert Fox View Post
    I have seen hundreds of TR wound badges, authentic examples always have the rear rivet. I base my judgement on past experience. The guide is nothing more then a reference that supports this. If you want to say the badge is original, then please post an authentic WB missing the rivet to support your claims. I am by no means an expert on these badges, I am only pointing out the huge red flag waving in front of me.

Regards
    Sorry, not meant to get your dander up, only saying that not everything that is stated on that site is accurate.
    I am by no means an ex-spurt either.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

RM Militaria is a member here, maybe he can add further thoughts to the discussion.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

mpw
    ?

Interesting replies. I have looked at the links kindly provided and am non the wiser really. There are plenty badges without rear rivets for sale at various sites and one which is below. A silver washed badge stamped 94 on the rear ( Josef Ruckert & Sohn) but with no visible rear rivet. Like a previous poster noted it is probably wise to just look out for rear rivet varieties.... Or, if the silver badge is ok is this the possible manufacturer of the badge I have photographed as the detail is remarkably similar.

Mark
    Verwundetenabzeichen Im schwartz

?

Hello Mark
    Is this badge solid? I think Josef Ruckert & Sohn was 92. My concern is the number of black badges
    with no rivet that seem to be everywhere at the moment. the rivet size on a solid badge will range
    from quite pronounced to a tiny little nub that you will pick up under a loupe . However there is always
    something there. The black badges in question have never had a rivet & this is very obvious when the
    rear of the badge is examined. There are two threads here where these particular badges are discussed
    at length. I will give you the link to the first one which will in turn lead you to the second.
    http://www.warrelics.eu/.../1939-bla...hwartz-6327-3/
    I am sorry that you will have to type this link in yourself as I am a total computer dunce & don't know
    how to steer you to the link properly. I hope this will enlighten you a bit about the badge you have shown.

Regards
    Brett

mpw
    ?

Thanks Brett and everyone else for your replies, links etc. A fascinating subject which I'm looking forward to researching further. The silver I posted a pic of is indeed solid.

Regards,
    Mark.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2