Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen im Schwarz

Article about: Hello folks! Here's one of two new additions to my collection. The other item was long planned, this one was not. My purchasing of the other item happened to coincide with Espenlaub bringing

Default Verwundetenabzeichen im Schwarz

Hello folks!

Here's one of two new additions to my collection. The other item was long planned, this one was not. My purchasing of the other item happened to coincide with Espenlaub bringing in a heap of new stock, and I just couldn't turn this one down. Both arrived the other day, but I've been busy at work with the new year fast approaching.
    An early unmarked badge, made of brass with the most common type of pin fixing on the back. As soon as I saw it among all the others, I knew I had to have it. Just enough of the black finish has been lost to accentuate the details. Rather than the missing finish being detrimental to the badge's appearance, it really makes the whole thing jump out at you. The swastika, completely bare of any blacking, stands out bright and bold. This isn't very apparent in natural light, which I photographed it under. Under warmer lighting, it looks great.
    One small dent to the rim near the pin hinge, unnoticeable from the front. The blacking on this one is also very shiny, compared to my steel examples which have much more of a matte appearance.
    No idea if this can be attributed to a particular maker, but even unmarked it's a beautiful one.

One of two final pieces to end my collecting year, and not a bad way to go out!

Regards, B.B.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen im Schwarz   Verwundetenabzeichen im Schwarz  

Verwundetenabzeichen im Schwarz  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen im Schwarz
    P
    Many

Nice badge, difficult to id the maker since several makers used similar reverse hardware like K&Q, W&L, Carl Wild etc.

/Jonas

Quote by spunkmaja View Post
    Nice badge, difficult to id the maker since several makers used similar reverse hardware like K&Q, W&L, Carl Wild etc.

/Jonas
    Thanks, it's my favourite out of the three that I own. It was sold as an unmarked badge by Espenlaub. Lack of an identifiable maker isn't something that's ever bothered me that much. I'm not someone who collects by specific maker, so if one can be identified, I consider that a bonus.

B.B.