Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen im Schwarz, 93

Article about: Hello folks. I picked this one up as part of a small 'bargain' grouping being sold by a well-known dealer. I shall post the other items separately, in the relevant subforums. This, to me, ap

Default Verwundetenabzeichen im Schwarz, 93

Hello folks.

I picked this one up as part of a small 'bargain' grouping being sold by a well-known dealer. I shall post the other items separately, in the relevant subforums.

This, to me, appears to be a good example of a 1939 black Verwundetenabzeichen. I really like this one. Most of the finish is still in place, with just the right amount of wear to the high points. The finish loss really makes the swastika stand out. Everything is intact, with an undamaged pin, and to top it all off it's maker marked. I haven't been able to discover the exact maker, but have found photographic evidence of other '93' marked examples with identical reverse hardware, and with the number in exactly the same position.
    Another feature I've noticed, compared to my other example, is that this badge is a lot 'deeper'; The edge of the badge is a lot thicker than the one I bought from Espenlaub last year. It also feels a lot heavier in the hand than my other one, despite them both apparently being made from steel or aluminium.

Regards, B.B.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen im Schwarz, 93   Verwundetenabzeichen im Schwarz, 93  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen im Schwarz, 93
    P
    Many

Perfect.
    Nice badge and a nice addition well done BB

Quote by Saladin View Post
    Perfect.
    Nice badge and a nice addition well done BB
    Was £40, including the other items I've posted on the forum this morning. Not a bad deal at all!

B.B.

A nice addition for your collection!
    When these are found, they are often in good condition, my example has been posted here.
    Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, 93, Richard Simm & Sohne.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Very nice addition

Typical unique setup for this maker so it is quite easy to id an Richard Simm & Söhne badge.

/Jonas

Thank you both for the kind words. It's now definitely my favourite piece among my collection of small German badges.

B.B.