Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen im Silber L14

Article about: It has an unusually bent (to me) pin so it will meet the tall post.

?

Default Verwundetenabzeichen im Silber L14

It has an unusually bent (to me) pin so it will meet the tall post.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen  im Silber L14   Verwundetenabzeichen  im Silber L14  

Verwundetenabzeichen  im Silber L14  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen  im Silber L14
    P
    Many

Unusual,indeed. Can't say that I've ever seen another like it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I thought so too. I've been searching for a while and never found another like it. It was acquired with a group of medals and badges directly from the vets family, people that had no idea what they had. (Lucky for me) So I believe it has always been like this.

? a replacement pin bent to suit?
    I see the hinge plate does not match he rectangular location for it - maybe the soldering let go on the original?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Interesting observation. Thanks, makes sense.

This L14 design has been widely debated among collectors. There are quite a lot of different L14 or L/14 variations out there.

Ckeck this thread: Silver L 14 - Page 4 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

/Jonas

?

Thank you for the link,/Jonas...interesting thread. I will weigh in on this too.
    I know my L14 is an original badge because of the circumstances in which I obtained it. There is no doubt in my mind. But how can I be so sure when I have no solid proof? It was not in my possession since 1945. That being said I also admit that I do not understand why there seems to be so many variations of the L14. Obviously there needs to be more research done. I will leave it to the young.
    Best regards,
    Dennis

On the plus side, the elliptical wrap around sheet metal hinge is of a type this maker was known to use on it's hollow black wound badges, and also interestingly, a very rare hollow buntmetall silver type. Sorry, but I can't find a pic of this.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I did not comment before this because I was unsure of this maker's mark. So far, I have found nothing to support this being an authentic F.O. award. There are known stamped and raised maker's marks and none of them match this example.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I know it doesn't really mean anything but here's a couple pics of the group it came with showing the condition they were in before I had them cleaned by a jeweler. That's the L14 sitting there.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen  im Silber L14   Verwundetenabzeichen  im Silber L14  

Verwundetenabzeichen  im Silber L14  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast