Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Verwundetenabzeichen,Large Eagle,Strange Sieg Heil Pin

Article about: Good morning Gentlemen was at the fleamarket again and came across a few new items what would appear to be a silver or gold wound badge that has had the finish worn off.A large eagle cloth e

Default Re: Wound Badge,Large Eagle,Strange Sieg Heil Pin

It is a genuine 'silver' grade wound badge in zinc, IMO..................!
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen,Large Eagle,Strange Sieg Heil Pin
    P
    Many

SWB's a good zinc K&Q. Stewy

?

Thank for the reply gentlemen the wound badge may have all the finish wore off but I feel it is still a nice piece as it is still quite crisp looking.

Regards Mark K

Nick is in err to have given the original Silver Wound Badge a thumbs-down; it's a perfectly fine original as has been stated. The enameled fake thing with 'Sieg Heil' on it is the repro as sold by Reddick Militaria of Texas, in color in their catalog, their item 0107-004-014.

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen,Large Eagle,Strange Sieg Heil Pin

I am concerned about the wound badge in that every example I can find elsewhere has the '65' mark much lower towards the catch. Is the placement of this mark just a variation?

?

Hey Mo once you receive it in the mail take some better pictures of it or we can ask Adrian and a few of the other senior members to disect it to make shur it is real and that the placement of the 65 makers mark is only a variation if for some reason it turns out to be bogus you may just keep it for a filler till you find a good one .I was going of the evaluation of the membership on this wound badge as to it's originality if nothing else it will make a good learning tool no worries on my end it is all good. Let me know what you decide that is why I asked for no payment on this wound badge till you were 100% happy with it .

Regards Mark K

FACT: some have the 65 near the center; some have the 65 lower by the catch. There are plenty around with the 65 near the center; if you haven't run across these types, then you haven't been looking around enough, or haven't been in the hobby long enough to have encountered these. My Uncle Hank from Cleveland, OH brought one of these back from the war & kept it for years on his keychain,- 1st time I saw it was in 1958, would never sell it to me; now his son, my cousin Jack has it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2