Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen Legion Condor

Article about: Very nice one...

Default Verwundetenabzeichen Legion Condor

Hello,

just picked up this one ;-)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen Legion Condor   Verwundetenabzeichen Legion Condor  

Verwundetenabzeichen Legion Condor   Verwundetenabzeichen Legion Condor  

Verwundetenabzeichen Legion Condor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen Legion Condor
    P
    Many

Very nice one...

?

How do you know it is Legion Condor and not just an early model badge ?

Thank you for the replies !

there are visible differences to recognize a condor from a 1st pattern Wb ?

MAP
    ?

Quote by LEPRECHAUN View Post
    Thank you for the replies !

there are visible differences to recognize a condor from a 1st pattern Wb ?
    Not owning any LC or early versions myself, would you be so kind to elaborate? Would make for a useful thread
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Not owning any LC or early versions myself, would you be so kind to elaborate? Would make for a useful thread
    I was thinking the same thing and would love to learn something about these.

Semper Fi
    Phil

CBH
    ?

Here is mine , I didn't think there was a difference . The 1936/39 Issue being used until stocks were used up at the beginning of the war . There were 182 black and one silver awarded to the Condor Legion .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen Legion Condor   Verwundetenabzeichen Legion Condor  

Thanks for your contributions guys !

So no way actually to determinate the difference between a Condor and a 1st pattern.., it's everything up to the considerations of the dealers ?

Condor or not condor this shape remains my fav ;-)

Quote by LEPRECHAUN View Post
    So no way actually to determinate the difference between a Condor and a 1st pattern.
    There is none. Or, more precisely: There is no "1st pattern Wound Badge". This model of badge is the one for those wounded in the Spanish Civil war, but was also put to use in the early phase of WW2 instead of the official 1939 pattern.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    There is none. Or, more precisely: There is no "1st pattern Wound Badge". This model of badge is the one for those wounded in the Spanish Civil war, but was also put to use in the early phase of WW2 instead of the official 1939 pattern.
    Just to add a little clarity to the thread if I might;

It seems to me that the terms "Condor Legion Wound badge" and "1st pattern" are simply labels often used by collectors to differentiate between the designs but that some people have become rether convinced by the LC designation.

I think that in the first case Leprechaun was asking whether there is a difference between "LC" and "1st patt" in response to the question posed by SteveR (note the question mark, easily missed if you just concentrate on the word order!) and not suggesting such difference.

As CBH points out, the numbers issued to LC members was relatively low compared to later issues and that the so called 1st patt was used during WWII. Therefore, in the absence of provenance the chances of this being an LC award are rather slim.

Perhaps we as a community should try to establish an accepted way of referring to this badge but then what's in a name?

Maybe if one includes the WWI version, which would be 1st patt (1918) this would in fact be the 2nd patt (1936) and the later WWII would be the 3rd patt (1939) followed by the 4th patt (20 Jul 44) .

Or, perhaps we could leave things as they are, a bit confused

Anyway, we all seem to agree that Leprechaun has a very nice example here whatever we decide to call it

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast