Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen opinions?

Article about: Hello, I'd be grateful if anyone could advise me if this badge is real or fake. (Apologies for colour on the 2nd picture) If it is real, what would be a reasonable price for me to pay? Kind

Fenix82
    ?

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen opinions?

also the number "3" is not complete...

2. # ADS

joey-barrel
    ?

Thank you all for your responses.

I may contact the seller for more pictures, but that would depend on what the item is worth if it is genuine - so far he has had an offer (from someone else) of 30 Euros.

If it is genuine could someone indictate a lower and upper range of what it may be worth ? Depending on the answer I would ask the seller for more pictures. If not then I would leave it there. If i ask for more pictures than which features should be clearly displayed?

So here are my questions to help me decide:-

1) Can anyone state 100% that it is false from the existing pictures?
    2) If it might be genuine what would the lower estimate of its value be?
    3) If its value (as being genuine) is greater than, say, 50 Euros, then what features should be clearly displayed on further pictures.

Many thanks so far for all your input. It is much appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Joey.

Hi Joey. 30 euros is about the price i'd expect to pay for a black wound badge,which this obviously isn't. Silver WB's are 50 euros-ish according to condition,i have paid more for certain makers. Gold,100 euros+. IMO it's worth waiting for one that you know is good. The pics are useless coz i can't tell whether it's trying to be gold or silver. There's some about so i'd wait if i were you. Hope this helps,Stewy

joey-barrel
    ?

Thanks Stewy,

This does help.

The seeler claims in his description is that it is original and gold. So that would put it in the E. 100+ price bracket.

If I were to ask for better / different pictures what features should I ask for close-up for ?

Is there a website detaling wound bagdes ?

Cheers,
    Joey.

Joey unless he's mad,selling a gold for that much doesn't happen. I don't think better pics will help it become a real GWB. A GWB for 100 euros would be a result,or it's buggered. I saw a fair GWB the other day for 170 euros. Stewy

joey-barrel
    ?

Thanks for the quick response Stewy.

Sorry to labour the point - I'm not convinced either way - yet.

The seller had an offer of 30 Euros from someone else. He hasn't accepted (I don't know what he would accept.) So there is no indication as yet what the seeler thinks its value is.

Given the potential up-side if it were real, I'd like to ask him for more photographs. Could you advise what I'd need more close-ups of ? Then i'll post them here and we'll take it from there.

Kind regards,
    Joey.

Hi Joey,as much as poss really. Makers mark,straight on shot. Hinge & catch close ups. Also the weight & dimensions, i know that's taking it a bit far but the pic of the reverse you've posted doesn't instill confience in the badge. Stewy

joey-barrel
    ?

Hi Stewy,

The reverse picture was very poor. There is some pitting on the back - I can see that from the photo I've got but I'm struggling to transfer it onto this website without distorting the colours badly.

I've e-mailed the seller, and await his response.

As a novice I'm allowed a silly question - When genuine badges are described as gold is that term used only to describe the colour of the badge or is the badge truly made of gold ...

Cheers,
    Joey.

joey-barrel
    ?

I've also asked him about the provenance of the badge - although he could tell me anything and try to pull the wool over my eyes.

Hi Joey,no mate it ain't a stupid question. The "gold" reference is only the finish applied,not the base metal. Zinc or Tombak/Buntmetal are the most common metals used. Stewy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast