Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen original?

Article about: by Reibert Hi ! After presentation of the document of decoration a soldier was allowed to buy a "duplicate" of the award from any dealer of awards. Maybe this is the reason why, mi

dicerbodesign
    ?

Default Verwundetenabzeichen original?

I purchased this black wound badge recently. The condition is excellent (maybe too excellent). I am a little doubtful on its authenticity because of the pin clasp placement.

Could someone please comment with their opinion.

Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen original?   Verwundetenabzeichen original?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen original?

Hi Dicerbodesign

Looks good to me on first sight, I'am sure Adrian will be able to help you out further on this one...

Greetz

Nick VR

dicerbodesign
    ?

thanks

I don't see anything wrong with it.
    Cheers-H.B-1944

dicerbodesign
    ?

I was concerned because of the excellent condition. This soldier must have had a desk job ha ha! The clasp is a little different to what I am used to seeing also.

I've got a few WWII BWBs in mint. In fact, the first 39 BWB I ever bought was mint except that all the paint was removed from the swaz. I found two oters that were absolutely mint and gave one recently to a freind in France who had no TR badges.

I also have a Condor Legion BWb with excellent finish-but there is a repair to the hinge on the backside.

And finally, I have a mint one from WWIas well as another WWI example but still most ofits paint remains. Today I saw a mint WWI Naval BWB.

One thing you can be rest assured on is that mint BWBs are not rare.

Hi,

Believe it or not, WWI and WWII varities of the VWA can be found in mint to near mint condition still. There is a dealer who came across a large quantity of unissued WWI and II black grades a while back that were still wrapped in the original cream colored paper. I would be interested in seeing a shot of the catch at n angle if possible.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

dicerbodesign
    ?

Grazie Signore: Yes I am very aware of the surplus from WWI and WWII badges that keep surfacing. I just think that my Imperial and WW2 are in excellent condition. Never worn in combat or were just never issued. I will try to post photos for you.

WWI WB B on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

WWI Wound F on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Hi !

After presentation of the document of decoration a soldier was allowed to buy a "duplicate" of the award from any dealer of awards.

Maybe this is the reason why, mint pieces are still can be found.

Cheers,

R.

Here is a mint marked example I once owned...beautiful.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen original?   Verwundetenabzeichen original?  

[B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast