Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz.

Article about: Got this wound badge at the Swedish militaria fair today, just wanted to know what you guys think of it. It's maker-marked but hard to tell what it says.

?

Default verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz.

Got this wound badge at the Swedish militaria fair today, just wanted to know what you guys think of it. It's maker-marked but hard to tell what it says.

verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz.verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz.
    Last edited by Adrian; 11-26-2013 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz.
    P
    Many

Even harder when not in hand and only a crap out of focus photo to work with. Haven't you got a loup or magnifying glass?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Oh sorry for that. The iphone-camera isn't that good at focosing at smaller objects, I will try take some more pics. Actually my dad has a pair of extra strong reading glasses, I will try to find them in my messy apartment. I remember these coulde be used as a magnifying glass.

Will, update this thread soon.
    Thanks Al

its a good one.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    its a good one.
    You don't say. What maker do you reckon then H ?
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

It's the digits at these badges that are hard to try out but I can definately see number 3 in the end and probably number 5 or 6 at first, so I would say 53 or 63 could that be correct?

That was my guess, an L/53 by Hymmen & Co. They did 3 versions I, II and III in steel, this being the first with the LDO number toward the rear of the skirt whilst the other two were more central and had a different hardware set up than this one. They also made the version you show in brass with a small tombak block hinge.

?

Thanks for your info Ned, much appreciated. My other Wound-Badge is also a Hymmen and those are my only two Wound badges I've got. What a coincidence.

Al

i go with big ned on this one.

respecting the limitations of the photo provided, the features (hardware set-up as he describes and as is seen in this example) and the postioning and appearance of the mark all suggest it. by "appearance", i mean the fact of its being difficult to read. this is the case with many of the L/53 Verwundetenabzeichen marked this way. the numbers seen on these are often little more than blobs.

your mark, followed by several other examples of the type:
    Attached Images Attached Images verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz.  verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz.  verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz.  verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz.