Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz opinions

Article about: Just got this Woundbadge in Black. No makers mark. Seems to be a mis-stamp. So one edge is wider than the other. Opinions please. Thank you, Grimlin13

Default Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz opinions

Just got this Woundbadge in Black. No makers mark. Seems to be a mis-stamp. So one edge is wider than the other. Opinions please.
    Thank you,
    Grimlin13
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz opinions   Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz opinions  

Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz opinions   Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz opinions  

Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz opinions   Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz opinions
    P
    Many

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz opinions

Hi grimlin,

I'm not a fan of this one, besides the apparent mis-stamp, the detail all over is very soft. I also think it may have had the obverse side heavily repainted as there looks to be brushstrokes in the paint, but the pic isn't brilliant either. Not for me.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz opinions

As Ned says, it definately appears to be painted!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem