Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz, Unmarked

Article about: Just a quick share of my only wound badge. Honestly, it's not a very good one. It's unmarked, and the finish seems to be entirely absent on the front side. Was purchased during my 'price bef

?

It's not Hauptmunzamt. Don't let the hardware fool you. It's a good badge by an unknown maker. Compare the bow with other makers, it's very distinctive & this type is one of the few without a rear rivet that I am comfortable with. I have three of this type, one in steel & two in tombac, one of these being de-nazified. Brodie, it's a nice badge.

Regards
    Brett

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz, Unmarked
    P
    Many

Being humbly honest, I wouldn't know how to tell the difference between tombak and other examples. What should I be looking for?

MAP
    ?

Once you hold a tombak example you will know. It is a brass alloy (high copper with some zinc and tin, etc). It is much heavier than zinc and obviously is of a brass color when not coated. They make beautiful awards. There were other materials used to make awards like nickel silver (copper, nickel and zinc) and also Cupal (Aluminum plated with copper)

All of these are superior to zinc which is a generally a low grade metal which typically does not hold a finish
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks! Will keep my eyes open when I'm perusing the stalls at War and Peace. Should have enough left over after my 'big purchase' to pick up a badge or two.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2