Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

verwundetenabzeichen silber

Article about: Hallo guys, does any one have the vwa silver from hersteller 20 ??? The maker schould be Zimmermann ,i have ordered an VWA marked with makermark 20 . a pic would be great ,i never have seen

Default verwundetenabzeichen silber

Hallo guys,
    does any one have the vwa silver from hersteller 20 ???
    The maker schould be Zimmermann ,i have ordered an VWA marked with makermark 20 .
    a pic would be great ,i never have seen an vwa marked with 20 ...

thanks in advance !
    gr andreas

verwundetenabzeichen silberverwundetenabzeichen silberverwundetenabzeichen silber

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement verwundetenabzeichen silber
    P
    Many

Interesting badge.

Any Wound Badge by Zimmermann is rare, and I'm only aware of those marked with the LDO number L/52 and have never seen one before with the PKZ number 20. The obverse looks correct for this maker to me but the rear set up is not one that's at all the same as others that are known, to the best of my knowledge anyway. Maybe someone has stamped a previously unmarked badge to increase it's value, but the obverse of it being the correct type in my opinion is more than pure chance and the '20' MM looks pretty good too.

These points make me suggest you post this around a couple of other forums if possible and get the opinions of some dedicated WB collectors that don't generally frequent here. It could as easily be a new variant that has arisen and if it is it's certainly significant in the field.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Andreas,
    I am on the same page as Ned on this one. The hardware set up and the "20" mark are something I have not seen on a Zimmermann silver. I know that there are pin marked "20's" in the black badges. Any silver I have seen is marked L/52.
    A strange one indeed.
    As Ned said, I would take this around to the other forums as well. I am curious about this one myself.
    Let us know how it turns out.
    Regards
    Detlef

the "zimmermann" arrived today ,so I was able to make better pics
    on other forums there is no comment .
    so its still a mystery ...
    the medall is quiet heavy and thick , it is made from buntmetall; thickness can be compared with a L/11 Deumer

Sorry not to compared with deumer l/11 ....to be compared with 11...grossman &co !!

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the extra pics, but unfortunately they show that the maker mark is spurious and has probably been added to increase the value of the badge. Looking at the '2', it can be seen that there is no ball on the top end of the number, this is incorrect as Zimmermann awards always showed this detail and it is often used to help authenticate pieces.

Here's some genuine examples on DK's and EK1's.

verwundetenabzeichen silberverwundetenabzeichen silberverwundetenabzeichen silberverwundetenabzeichen silber

And here's a couple of fakes.

verwundetenabzeichen silberverwundetenabzeichen silber

And this one is yours.

verwundetenabzeichen silber

It's a shame that an original tombak badge has been ruined in this way, I hope you can return it.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

hallo ned , thanks for youre comments , i have made a new pic from the mm with my cellphone , but im still not confinced about the mark
    and as long i dont have seen a 20 mm vwa , i stil consider it for Original
    No one can tell yet if its an Original ,because the is nothing to compare
    The makermarks you have show are from other medals ,like german cross ,ek .
    Is it stil possible the used other stamps for the vwa ??
    This vwa is made in the early days of the war becouse its made from buntmetall
    its just a guess .

there is a small "ball" at the top of the 2 ....
    but its just what i like to believe......lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast