Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen in silber with box

Article about: Hi all, I'm not familiar with VWA (till now I have only two, a black and a silver). I have seen this one on sale with a box. Do you think it's original? I would say yes but I have some doubt

Default Verwundetenabzeichen in silber with box

Hi all,

I'm not familiar with VWA (till now I have only two, a black and a silver). I have seen this one on sale with a box. Do you think it's original? I would say yes but I have some doubts about the box.

thank you by advance for your help.
    regards,

Pierre

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in silber with box
    P
    Many

Badge looks good to me not sure if its the right case for this manufacturer although it looks to have been kept in it for a while ! Regards Paul

Pierre, In the future please post better close up photos of the medals for better judgement. Many people in this forum does not even bother to comment otherwise.

What I can see is a original silver Carl Wild badge but the case is not an official wound badge case. Maybe it could be some jeweler special made case, same as the gold you have.

/Jonas

To be fair I think he isn't currently responsible for the pictures, maybe if he is lucky to get it then some straight on ones of the obverse & reverse will placate the doubters. When you do get it ditch the box!

Hi,

thank you all for your fast reply. The fact that the box isn't correct make me flee from the set (same for the set with the gold VWA, which is proposed by the same person). Sorry for the bad pictures but very often we have to be very fast to make up our mind when an opportunity to get an item appears otherwise it's gone in one day or even less. Except from professional dealers, it's not so common to receive good photos from the beginning.

When I get a badge, I always take better pictures myself to complete the post with proper pics and to give a feedback.

regards,

Pierre

If an item is questionable, walk away. There is no rush, and there will always be another.
    It's better than getting burned.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The case is modern production. The Carl Wild Hamburg badge is rather nice! A common maker of wound badges, and they really did nice work