Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber, MM 65

Article about: Yeah it seems to be that way with K&Q/65mm badges & looking at a few dealers stock on websites it seems to be the general rule with other makers.

Default Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber, MM 65

Just got this one in today. All the way from Germany!

Now I need a gold one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber, MM 65   Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber, MM 65  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber, MM 65
    P
    Many

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber, MM 65

Very nice K&Q! good catch

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

A nice original badge, can you confirm the colour of it please Roger? The remainder of the finish near the bottom looks gold on my monitor. Is this a trick of the light, the flash perhaps?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Good observation Adrian

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Adrian,
    I did not use a flash on this picture. Looking under the magnifying glass it does appear gold or brass in color. So I got out the jewelers loupe, and it does appear golden, not silver. Hmmm. What do you think?

?

I think it could be a silver version where the remaining finish has tarnished to a golden colour or it could indeed be a gold badge that has lost 99% of its finish............

Looking at it closely I would be very tempted to say a gold badge that has lost it's finish...........

I'll try taking some more pictures this weekend and see what happens. If it is indeed a former gold award, having lost all its finish I'll still need a truly golden one. After all, how many medals/badges/helmets/daggers/guns/etc is enough? Just one more.
    Thanks, and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

I tried, this is the best I can do. The gold color shows up better in person, there just isn't much to work with.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber, MM 65  
    Last edited by roger9344; 01-22-2011 at 04:38 AM. Reason: add picture

Hi Chaps, here's my silver & gold K&Q/65mm.

roger9344 I think yours is a gold one that has lost it's finish. Most of the zinkers go this way & as you can see mine is not too clever & I am yet to see a perfect one. The giveaway that yours is gold one is the pin, as the pin colour always matches the badge.

Has anyone ever seen a tombak silver or gold Verwundetenabzeichen made by K&Q/65mm?

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber, MM 65   Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber, MM 65  

Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber, MM 65   Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber, MM 65  

Thanks, Richard. The bit about the pin is good to know.

?

Quote by DUJAILAH View Post
    The giveaway that yours is gold one is the pin, as the pin colour always matches the badge.
    That's interesting, I didn't know that, can that observation be applied in all cases with Wound Badges?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast