Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber (unusual case)

Article about: Maybe it'll have a special inscription saying "Made special for gold wound badge Juli 20,1944 for A. Hitler"...

Default Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber (unusual case)

This badge came to me in an unusual case. It was found this way and judging by the interior pressure and wear patterns the badge has been with this case for some time.

As can be seen, the case is in construction and material exactly identical to the usual VWA in Gold case for a 65 marked badge but this case is red and inside is a 65 marked Silver badge.

In hand it appears period and it is truly identical to the standard black case in every way. Except the color.

What do you think?

Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber (unusual case)Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber (unusual case)Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber (unusual case)Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber (unusual case)Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber (unusual case)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber (unusual case)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber (unusual case)

I dont see a problem. From my understanding red cases were for Silber Werwundetabzeichen

Those red cases are cardboard without a catch. This case is not one of these. I guess I am asking if anyone has ever seen this sort of case. If so, I would like to see a picture of it.

I've seen many, many SWB cases but never one like this.

Just trying to see if someone here can tell me something about the origin of this type of case.

Maybe it's post war? It definitely is exactly identical to a GWB case or EK1 case in every detail. It's just red.

I have doubts on this red case. The silvers came in a maroon color case-not a bright red. And they generally didn't have push buttons. The Golds and other awards that came in cases of this shape usually had a round rod type of push button-not this wide flat style. And the metal in the latch on this case looks extremely bright and new-certainly not 70 years of age toning. If you look through the other pin back award cases such as the KVK's and the EK Spanges, etc., nothing resembles this case. My opinion is, from what I can see,the badge looks decent enough, but I think someone dressed it up post war with a case that wasn't period. It's been in there a good while now and it fits, so it may as well stay in it!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    Those red cases are cardboard without a catch. This case is not one of these. I guess I am asking if anyone has ever seen this sort of case. If so, I would like to see a picture of it.

I've seen many, many SWB cases but never one like this.

Just trying to see if someone here can tell me something about the origin of this type of case.
    Hi tempers,

I've seen one like it, maybe even is it!! The badge is also a 65 K&Q in Silver, case is identical. The replies below echo my same thoughts, especially the PP angle.

SWB Cased- Anyone seen one like this? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Yes! That's this very case. I bought the set off this guy more for the case than the badge.

It's just that I've never seen anything like it, so I acquired it with the idea that I research it. Or wait until I bump into another.

This is true about the push button, Wagriff. It's bright.

You do occasion see this flat style of button on GWB cases. You are correct. Usually they are round. But these types of buttons are found on black wartime GWB cases. I have cases with both button styles.

The button is very bright. But still, I have things that are in unbelievable states of preservation. I can't really hang my hat on faulting the case for the relative "newness" of the finish of that button. It's shiny, but so are a great many mint-state items in my collection.

Here is a direct comparison between a confirmed wartime and standard black wound badge case and the red one with emphasis on the push button. You can see here they are an exact match. Much easier to see this in hand, but this red case is truly EXACTLY identical in construction and parts to the black wartime cases coming associated with the GWB where this button style is found.

Here is a comparison between the same black GWB case and an EK1 case. The EK1 case is on the bottom. The flange for the push button is not flat as it is in the GWB case. It's pyramidal. Also, it's attached differently as can be seen in the picture. At the lateral edges of the flange, there is a tongue which is bent at a 90 degree angle and punched into the case in the EK1 example.
    In addition, the EK1 case is larger than a black GWB case by about 2 millimetres across the top in both directions. The black GWB case and red presumptive wound badge case are exactly the same in all dimensions.

i am tempted to rip up the insert on this case, but i think i will give it a little time while i resort to anything else i can think of. maybe if i haven't figured this out in a year or two i'll tear it up. ha.

Wagriff, if I pull this case apart and underneath it says, "Made in Japan, 1970", I'm gonna PM you.

It'll be like Geraldo Rivera and Al Capone's vault.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast