Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber - weird markings.

Article about: As for me its either mirrored J744, or as was stated in my previous topic, what I think is 7, might be /, which would be mirrored J/44.

?

Default Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber - weird markings.

Marking: Marked, but unable to read out.
    Maker: ?

Verwundetenabzeichen: Silber

As for me its either mirrored J744, or as was stated in my previous topic, what I think is 7, might be /, which would be mirrored J/44.

/Edit.

I didnt receive any photos.
    Last edited by Ylang; 09-06-2016 at 06:03 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber - weird markings.
    P
    Many

The maker's mark is L/44. I am not liking the badge,however, but wait until younger eyes give it a looking over. Member "Big Ned" is the man to ask on wound badges.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I don't think there is an L/44. Stewy

L/44 of the LDO system belonged to Jakob Bengel of Idar-Oberstein, but I am unaware of his firm making any wound badges.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Sorry William, I meant in the wound badge context. Stewy

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The maker's mark is L/44. I am not liking the badge,however, but wait until younger eyes give it a looking over. Member "Big Ned" is the man to ask on wound badges.
    It's very kind of you to say, but I only play at these really, Brett's your man. The pictures are awful and are of little help, especially as I think this may be a contentious badge that's been debated for a long time as to it's provenance.

I believe it's marked L/14 for Friedrich Orth, the obverse design COULD be correct, but the photo needs to clearly show the berries at the very top of the badge. If it is Orth then there should be six on their 'massif' badges, whereas other makers generally only have four or five. There's an example below.

Courtesy of Ronnie @ GCA.

However, the rear set up looks a bit odd, it's not a type I recognise by them, and could even be replaced by the appearance of perhaps puddles of solder around the hinge and catch. The pic's just aren't good enough to see the hardware correctly and the fitment of it to actually tell. Another point is that the maker mark is stamped above the catch whereas I've only ever seen the stamped type below the catch before. The later zinc badges have the MM in relief and centrally positioned on the badge.

Orth badges seem to crop up with many rear set ups, this may be a new type I don't know, and it still remains to be seen if the MM IS actually L/14 as I thought, or that of another maker....

Whatever, better close up pic's like that of the obverse above are required (need to count dem berries), and good close up angled shots of the hinge, catch and pin open and closed would really help.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Another point is that the maker mark is stamped above the catch whereas I've only ever seen the stamped type below the catch before.
    Regards, Ned.
    There are a few makers that stamped their maker mark above the catch. Here is an L/17, Hermann Wernstein

And an L/13, Paul Maybauer.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    There are a few makers that stamped their maker mark above the catch. Here is an L/17, Hermann Wernstein

And an L/13, Paul Maybauer.
    Ralph.

Hi Ralph,

I'm fully aware of that, but I was referring specifically to badges by Friedrich Orth. I've only seen them below the maker mark before. But I'm only ASSUMING the badge is by that maker by looking at the crappy pic's of a partially obscured mm and a single small, blurred shot of the obverse design that again, is ambiguous. The OP needs to get better pic's as already said, but let's see if that's forthcoming....

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Already asked for them.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Ralph,

I'm fully aware of that, but I was referring specifically to badges by Friedrich Orth.

Regards, Ned.
    Sorry Ned, I misunderstood.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)