Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VWA im Gold authentic or not?

Article about: by Adrian The trouble is with cased sets such as this is that we will never know if they started life together. If an award matches the box then it's a bonus but an open mind is needed on an

Default VWA im Gold authentic or not?

Hi All,

Recently I was offered the following VWA in Gold. Is it the real deal or a copy? My take that this is a copy in an original box, as the facing of the abzeichen is very roughly finished.

VWA im Gold authentic or not?VWA im Gold authentic or not?VWA im Gold authentic or not?VWA im Gold authentic or not?VWA im Gold authentic or not?VWA im Gold authentic or not?VWA im Gold authentic or not?VWA im Gold authentic or not?

Please let me know what you think!

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Evgeni

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement VWA im Gold authentic or not?
    P
    Many

Default Re: VWA im Gold authentic or not?

Looking at it I would say its a copy due to the missing rear rivet in the helmet plus the lack of detail. Lets see what the others have to say

Jason

?

I'm thinking along the same lines as Jason. I'm not keen on it but there are a few members who know their Verwundetenabzeichen here so hopefully they'll add their thoughts too......

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Well to me it doesn't appear cast which is a good sign, the lack of rear rivet (or very faint rivet depending on your eyesight) is often considered a bad sign although some evidence suggests that the non rivet award is merely a variant. The dot pattern appears uniform and the wreath bow looks convincing also.

The rough surface could simply be wear so to me I think the proof will lie in the hardware configuration of which I unfortunately am not sufficiently versed to make a call.

If it were me and I had to make a call on the spot and the price was right, I think I would take a chance on it.

It looks good to me and I have no concerns about missing rivets

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Are you sure its a Gold one ? The case is the type used for the Silver grade, the Gold usually coming in a black case similar to the case for the EK1. Silver finish can often take on that yellowish tinged tarnish

Quote by Redcap View Post
    Are you sure its a Gold one ? The case is the type used for the Silver grade, the Gold usually coming in a black case similar to the case for the EK1. Silver finish can often take on that yellowish tinged tarnish
    I thought that too but I think the silver is the light from the photo. The case is definately for a silver grade as you say

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

The trouble is with cased sets such as this is that we will never know if they started life together. If an award matches the box then it's a bonus but an open mind is needed on any cased award.

I had a minesweeper recently that came in an LDO box for a Faithful Service medal, they definitely didn't start out as a pair!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I think the WB could be a Souval looking at that hinge. The catch would make it a wartime Souval as post war have a much different catch

Nick

Can it be a silver repaint in this case?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast