Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

whats your take, on these 3? legit?

Article about: ive been offered 3 medals in a trade deal for some of my gear... he is stopping by early tomorrow morning. are these 3 medals real / look legitimate and what exactly are they and their value

Default whats your take, on these 3? legit?

ive been offered 3 medals in a trade deal for some of my gear... he is stopping by early tomorrow morning.

are these 3 medals real / look legitimate and what exactly are they and their value?

I know the one is a Wounded badge...

thanks guys, its appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement whats your take, on these 3?  legit?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: whats your take, on these 3? legit?

Black wound badge looks ok to me..Mothers cross in gold looks good too.I dont know about the ss one, Im no expert on those.IMO.
    ~Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture whats your take, on these 3?  legit?   whats your take, on these 3?  legit?  

whats your take, on these 3?  legit?   whats your take, on these 3?  legit?  

what are they worth you figure, again if they turn out to be legitimate?
    i see prices all over the board online. Wounded badge alone sell for $75-450, or at least are listed for that. Looking to find the real value. Guy is asking for $300 for the 3 essentially (trade).

?

The black wound badge could go from $50-$75, the mother cross has some kind of suspension ring Ive never seen but it was probably added later for wear due to the lack of blue/white necklace...it should go for $60-$90. If the ss is real, it could fetch several hundred on it's own, which leads me to believe it is fake cuase of the low price for all three.This is all my opinion though, so let others chime in and see what they say.
    ~Dean

I also got a ww2 german helmet I had the stampings on the inside confirmed . And a nazi armband...both for $80. Was also a great deal. Both items I had ppl look at and confirm their authenticity. So anythings possible, but I try and stay hopeful.

$300 for the 3? No way... The only one without question is the common black wound badge. The mother's cross has a strange mounting loop on it and no ribbon-not to mention what looks to be damage in the enamel. The SS piece? The most doubtful of the lot. Take one of the zero's off the 300 and you're more realistic here. Sorry. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    $300 for the 3? No way... The only one without question is the common black wound badge. The mother's cross has a strange mounting loop on it and no ribbon-not to mention what looks to be damage in the enamel. The SS piece? The most doubtful of the lot. Take one of the zero's off the 300 and you're more realistic here. Sorry. William
    is there anything about the SS medal that I should be looking for that would indicate if it is indeed a genuine example vs a fake?

So you only value the black wound badge and the mothers cross at a combined value or approx $30?

let me know if there again is any specific markings on any of these 3 that would help me authenticate them properly, as ill be looking at the medals in hand , in the morning.

thanks again

The 12 yr SS LSA is 100% fake. The MK appears to have enamel damage to the 6 O'clock arm, but could be the pic. Value for the lot if the MK isn't damaged is around 50.00 USD.

Rob.

There is also damage on the mothers cross to the lower tip of the 9 O'clock arm as well-in addition to not having it's neck ribbon. IF the SS award was real-which it is NOT, it is broken and missing it's suspension loop and ribbon with the SS rune pin. The black wound badge is in Rough shape and has much missing paint. These black wound badges are Extremely common -which is why, in this condition, I placed only a $30 dollar value on it. The damaged mothers cross, in my view, has no value, and the fake SS badge goes without saying. I would Strongly recommend passing on this lot altogether. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

As already said, the Verwundetenabzeichen is ok, the Mutterkreuz is ok, the SS medal is not. Regarding the Mutterkreuz, it is damaged and therefore the value is reduced, pointless spending any money on it when an undamaged example can be found very easily and for little money. If they're only being sold as a lot then I would pass. If you can get the Verwundetenabzeichen for a price around what has been advised then go for it, again, these can be found in varying condition very easily.

One more point about the Mutterkreuz, don't be put off by any unusual clips or mounting loops. These were often modified by the wearer to be worn on a necklace or chain etc. Just make sure the cross is genuine.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast