Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wound Badge

Article about: Hey guys, Well today i am stumped. Ive been collecting German medals for years now and this one has had me wondering for a while. A couple years back i was given 2 wound badges and honestly

Question Wound Badge

Hey guys,

Well today i am stumped. Ive been collecting German medals for years now and this one has had me wondering for a while. A couple years back i was given 2 wound badges and honestly i have no idea if its Silver or Black. They both look the same to me and i am just confused. If some one could give me some info on how to identify the specific wound badge that would be fantastic and if needed i will upload some photos of it. Thanks guys and look forward to your replies.

Riley

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wound Badge
    P
    Many

Default Re: Wound Badge

Black ones are stamped while the silver are made out of tombac or solid metal. If you could take some pictures that would be great. Here are some examples
    Silver and black (left to right) Front
    Wound Badge
    Wound Badge

Black ans silver backing
    Wound Badge
    Wound Badge

Morris

But if you say they are the same it could possibly be a very worn gold badge as seen here.
    Wound BadgeWound Badge

Wound Badge
    Wound Badge
    Wound Badge
    Wound Badge
    Wound Badge

Here is the wound badges i inquired about and then the rest of the medals i had a photo on hand of.

Both would be silver I believe
    Morris

If the wound badge that is questionable (because its so dark) would it be possible or for that matter a good idea to clean it up? If so what would you use? I dont want to degrade the value or for that matter the medal.

?

Hello Riley
    The badge that you are concerned about has absorbed all of its original finish & is down to the zinc base metal.
    Any attempt to clean it will be counter-productive, so just leave it as it is.

Regards
    Brett

As Brett said, do not polish it, or any medal it just strips the original finish.
    Morris

?

It is all too common on the forum of late, that a question by a new member is answered in good faith,
    (in this instance the answers are basic knowledge that someone "collecting for years" should already know!)
    & once the required answers are received there is absolutely no thank you or gratitude shown in any form.
    See this...Free authentication and valuation service.
    Sorry for venting a bit of spleen, but this really peeves me.

Regards
    Brett

I do agree with the statement Brett but jumping on someone with little knowledge of the forum could be as harsh, maybe one reminder before a lecture.
    Morris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast