Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wound Badges opinions

Article about: Hi, Looking for opinions amd comments about these 2 badges. Ive read most of the posts on here and poked around the web but its best to go the experts. Id hate to get stuck with junk. As alw

Default Wound Badges opinions

Hi,
    Looking for opinions amd comments about these 2 badges.

Ive read most of the posts on here and poked around the web but its best to go the experts. Id hate to get stuck with junk.

As always, thanks for your help.

Len
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wound Badges opinions   Wound Badges opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wound Badges opinions
    P
    Many

Hi,
    both good.
    Left is a Brehmer, Right an unmarked 30. Both made of tombak.
    Axel

Great to see this. So do i have one gold and one silver badge? Or both gold with wear? Im still very much in a learning pahse of all this and as you know, somethings are difficult to differentiate without much exposure.

Both silver.

As avenger pointed out, these are both silver. Look into the site here to see gold examples. They are VERY gold.

The confusion created by posting more than one item at a time is the reason for this thread.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

One comment that i read in various post around questioning real from fake was something about looking at the background dots and seeign the wave. I really dont understand excatly what that means. And really couldnt figure it out with these or on any of the other posts. Maybe i was just misreading it. Can anyone explain or clarrify?

Quote by Lizzo54 View Post
    One comment that i read in various post around questioning real from fake was something about looking at the background dots and seeign the wave. I really dont understand excatly what that means. And really couldnt figure it out with these or on any of the other posts. Maybe i was just misreading it. Can anyone explain or clarrify?
    Try a forum search for "Chaos pattern fake".
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Lizzo54 View Post
    I was beaten to the punch with the makers here but I agree that you have two very nice tombak wound badges here both being silver grades.

The reason you might think they were gold grades is because of the tombak showing throught the silver finish. Tombak is an alloy containing copper and is essentially what metalworkers define generically as a "brass" that which is referred to specifically as brass is a copper and zinc alloy sometime with other elements in varying proportions making different "brasses" as opposed to bronze which is primarily copper alloyed with tin plus other metals. The point here I suppose is that brass is almost always a yellow colour that can look like gold (not side by side!).

As for the pebble thing what is meant here is that on original badges the pebbling is in most cases pretty much in straight rows whereas in some (not all) fakes the pebbling can be very random. This is not a hard and fast rule except in the case of really bad fakes where the pebbling is very wrong.

Here are a couple of my tombak pieces to compare the gold and silver.

Wound Badges opinionsWound Badges opinionsWound Badges opinionsWound Badges opinions

These are both HMW 30 badges the gold with a variant broad pin. The silver has a satin matt finish which is a variation from yours (I have the chrome shiny finish too)

I hope this helps

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 03-04-2016 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast