Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Wound Badges opinions

Article about: Hi, Looking for opinions amd comments about these 2 badges. Ive read most of the posts on here and poked around the web but its best to go the experts. Id hate to get stuck with junk. As alw

Quote by big ned View Post
    Try a forum search for "Chaos pattern fake".
    Try this thread.
    Verwundetenabzeichen variant?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wound Badges opinions
    P
    Many

This is some great responses and cant thankyou all enough. Unfortunately my primary contributions to the site will be questsions and posts of items i have. As i become more familiar hopefully i will be able to contribute more to others.

Any suggestions on particlar books to invest in to help with all this? Im sure you all must have some treid and trues and must haves.

With the various types of wound badges and the thin vs solid type bodies, is one more desirable than another? I seem to see the thin type with ww1 badges and more of the black. Which i hope to add to my collection at some point. I have a soldbuch that has several award papers in it that this soilder received. Id like to try and obtain copies of each to go with it all. I know one is a black wound badge, would that paper specify what type amd style or just the color?

It differs on some certificates or entries, usually it will either state the color (Schwarz, Silber/Mattweiss, or Gold), or the grade (I, II,III), or the number of wounds received..."Einmaliger Verwundung" (First Wounding), etc...
    WWI badges are generally hollow regardless of grade...WWII Silvers & Golds are always Solid Backed while the Black is always Hollow...Yes, there are rare exceptions to the rule, but generally-speaking this is a good tip to remember...
    Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 03-04-2016 at 08:33 PM.

MAP
    ?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    It differs on some certificates or entries, usually it will either state the color (Schwarz, Silber/Mattweiss, or Gold), or the grade (I, II,III), or the number of wounds received..."Einmaliger Verwundung" (First Wounding), etc...
    WWI badges are generally hollow regardless of grade...WWII Silvers & Golds are always Solid Backed while the Black is always Hollow...
    Glenn
    Actually Glenn, there are hollow back silvers..... As I recently just learned

VWA Silver my favoured
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Glenn, there are also hollow golden badges.(L/15 Otto Schickle) only one maker of them. There are more!!! Schickle was thrown out of the LDO `cause he made Hollow Golden VWA, in 1941.
    You can also find massive black ones. There are also blacks in Plastic. (Trollitul).
    Regards
    Axel

Yes, Gentlemen...but those are scarce exceptions to the rule...I'm speaking in general terms...I do appreciate the added information on those rarely-encountered examples!
    cheers, Glenn

Look at this!!!!!
    expirienced Pressing of black VWA in Trolitul. With the papers .
    Hope you like it.
    Axel
    Wound Badges opinionsWound Badges opinionsWound Badges opinionsWound Badges opinionsWound Badges opinions

Here is another one of my favoured badges.
    Hollow Gold
    Nice with wear. Found, by the daughter, in an old box of a killed soldier in Russia.
    (Her Uncle)
    AWound Badges opinionsWound Badges opinionsxel

Quote by axel691 View Post
    Here is another one of my favoured badges.
    Hollow Gold
    Nice with wear. Found, by the daughter, in an old box of a killed soldier in Russia.
    (Her Uncle)
    AWound Badges opinionsWound Badges opinionsxel
    That's a Rare Variant for sure...

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    That's a Rare Variant for sure...
    Thats what we are looking for, my friend...............

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast