Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

2 badges, Panzerkampfabzeichen and Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

Article about: Have had these 2 badges for a while, neither has a makers mark on the back, if real what they are and a possible date? Thanks, John

Question 2 badges, Panzerkampfabzeichen and Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

Have had these 2 badges for a while, neither has a makers mark on the back, if real what they are and a possible date? Thanks, John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 badges, Panzerkampfabzeichen and Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen   2 badges, Panzerkampfabzeichen and Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen  

2 badges, Panzerkampfabzeichen and Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen   2 badges, Panzerkampfabzeichen and Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen  

2 badges, Panzerkampfabzeichen and Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen   2 badges, Panzerkampfabzeichen and Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 badges, Panzerkampfabzeichen and Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

Default re: 2 badges, Panzerkampfabzeichen and Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

Hi John, you have an Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen (General Assault badge) which is a cast fake and a good Panzerkampfabzeichen (Panzer Assault badge).

Cheers, Ade.

gott mit uns
    ?

Looks like a panzerkampfabziechen-tank badge.
    The other looks like a poor reproduction of a allgemienes-sturm abziechen -general assult badge.
    I would need a better look at the tank badge,but I am fairly certain that the GAB is repro, very poor casting very poor finishing on the eagle-not cut out all the way, not the detail you would expect from german makers.

Hi there the GAB (general assault badge) is a bad copy,sorry. The PAB appears to be a "Daisy",catch faces to the left though,which is unusual. Stewy

Unhappy re: 2 badges, Panzerkampfabzeichen and Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

Thanks guys, my wife picked both of them up in a London flea market in 1999, the Panzer was $55 US and the GAB $14 US, always thought it was a bit low but hoped to get lucky Thanks again, John

pjm
    ?

Still a good investment given the current value of the bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen.

DanL
    ?

The maker of your badge is unknown John but it is commonly referred to as a "daisy" PAB because of the small daisy in the grass area below the tank. Year of manufacture is also unknown.You did well paying 55 dollars for it as these are going for over 200 these days.
    Dan

Thumbs up re: 2 badges, Panzerkampfabzeichen and Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

Thanks for the info Dan, I was a little curious about the "Daisy" designation but was trying to figure it out myself I was also surprised to find that some of these didn't have maker marks on them. I'm always trying to learn. Thanks again, John