Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

25 Panzerkampfabzeichen by Gustav Brehmer

Article about: Giel Van Wassenhove: Like Philippe, I like the details on this piece. But on the other hand when I first looked at the reverse pictures I was far from convinced. The very large catchplate, t

?

Default Re: 25 Panzerkampfabzeichen by Gustav Brehmer

Giel Van Wassenhove:
    Like Philippe, I like the details on this piece. But on the other hand when I first looked at the reverse pictures I was far from convinced. The very large catchplate, the semi-smashed rivets and the toolmark in the pin all in one are quite uncommon. Though I really like the looks of the finish and the bubbling underneath it.

Can you post a close up of the hinge?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 25 Panzerkampfabzeichen by Gustav Brehmer
    P
    Many

?

Thomas Durante:
    I agree with Giel and Phil, the details of this one look very good but I too have concerns about the reverse. Especially the look of the catchplate and the rivets, just don't seem correct to me. Also interesting to see absolutely no sign of finish left on the numberplate. And I agree with you that the eagle's head looks different, but I think that is probably due to the angle of the photo since everything else on the obverse design seems to match up perfectly with original GBs. Looking forward to the new pics.

Thanks for your comments chaps, i really appreciate them.
    Unfortunately my camera is not too good on macro, and it's not evident until the photo's are loaded to the computer. I think overall i have taken 20 odd pictures, but the ones you see are the best i can achieve at the present time.
    When i get a chance i will try again, but to be honest i need a better camera.
    But thanks again for your opinions.
    Better fetch it out of the bin

?

New infos from this badge:

Hi Guys,

Bringing this thread back to the top

Spend this morning looking at the Winkler fake that was pointed out recently in this thread

Panzerkampf Abzeichen "25" fake

Like with every non textbook GB this badge kept bugging me because I simply couldn't find one just like it. Something that happens more than once when it comes to GB. Augen rollen

However here we can be sure that we are looking at a very good, probably newer, fake. The Winkler badge in fact matches the one posted by Hans with the exception of the numberbox.

Not only do both feature the saws flaw but they both share the presence of small "metal balls/drops" especialy on there reverse surface. I feature I have seen on several fakes so far but can't explain. Apart from that little feature like the indentation on the tip of the gun barrel also match.

Very clever fake but a fake for sure.

Philippe DB
    25 Panzerkampfabzeichen by Gustav Brehmer25 Panzerkampfabzeichen by Gustav Brehmer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3