Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

75 Panzerkampfabzeichen by JFS

Article about: This looks convincing to me. Any opinions would be appreciated! I have been comparing this one to the photos of one on wehrmacht-awards within the Jacques Calero collection. It seems to be v

?

Default 75 Panzerkampfabzeichen by JFS

This looks convincing to me. Any opinions would be appreciated! I have been comparing this one to the photos of one on wehrmacht-awards within the Jacques Calero collection. It seems to be very encouraging.
    Best,
    Anzel
    Attached Images Attached Images 75  Panzerkampfabzeichen by JFS  75  Panzerkampfabzeichen by JFS  75  Panzerkampfabzeichen by JFS 
    Last edited by Anzel; 03-05-2014 at 04:58 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 75  Panzerkampfabzeichen by JFS
    P
    Many

?

BTW, I have requested additional photos.

From what I can see, I am not seeing any huge red flags on this one. These were hand assembled so any small deviations such as the distance to the tank from the bottom of the swastika may be excused. I'm rather liking this one myself.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It would be nice if we could get some better pictures but as it stands now it doesn't look to bad. The back looks somewhat suspect, but that might just be my inexperience with the numbered panzer badges showing.

?

I noticed the variances in gap between tank and swastika as well on a few out there. The other thing I noticed was the location of the left rivet when viewing it from the reverse. The hinge and catch look good along with the slight horizontal line or crease on the top of pin by the hinge. Thanks for your thoughts William! I know these are uncommon to find as authentic.

?

I would like to see the eagle's head close up...I did request more photos. I would love to have an undisputed original one by JFS posted for comparison.

Take a look at these 2:

Panzer Assault Badge
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I don't know anything at all about this badge or war badges in general, but does the patina on the back look a bit strange? It reminds me of some artificial ones I've seen, as if dirt or some other compound could have been rubbed in to give it an aged look. Please feel free to disregard this if that is to be expected on these badges. There are many, many people on this forum far more qualified to make a determination than I.

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Take a look at these 2:

Panzer Assault Badge
    William,
    I have been checking those to out especially the bottom one. I see similarities and differences, like you said I know these were made by hand and subtle variation exist. The location of the left rivet as viewed from the reverse is off. Looks further to left on one I'm considering. The rivet structure is a little different. I like as I said earlier the horizontal indentation on the pin' top surface above the hinge that seems to match the "Calero one" on Wehrmacht awards. Appreciate your help guys!

Anyone else want to weigh in?

Received two more photos no better than the first two. The one thing scammers and non-collectors have in common are bad photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 75  Panzerkampfabzeichen by JFS   75  Panzerkampfabzeichen by JFS  

These pictures are worthless. You don't buy a car in the dark when it's raining, and the same goes for this high end badge. Tell the vendor you need good close up shots of the eagle, tank, hinge and catch open and closed (looking for the stress striations seen only on originals here), number box, acorn cups and the rivets. This link will give you an idea of the clarity required to make a correct decision, as the badge in question is in some cases one of THE hardest to spot fakes as they are now so good, but with good pic's the truth will out.

75 Panzerkampf Abzeichen/ by JFS - Page 8 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast