MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

75 Panzerkampfabzeichen by JFS

Article about: This looks convincing to me. Any opinions would be appreciated! I have been comparing this one to the photos of one on wehrmacht-awards within the Jacques Calero collection. It seems to be v

?

Ned I bought a car in broad daylight without any rain & it still turned to be a banger...git.. So some good advice here going for free..Cheers Terry.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 75  Panzerkampfabzeichen by JFS
    P
    Many

?

Thanks Ned! I searched the sellers email address and it led me to Union Militaria a reproduction vendor. The seller told me this came from a family member who passed and was a US paratrooper. Sorry to waste time with this one. I now know why I did not get clear photos.

No problem. I initially held back from commenting until the "better photo's" were forthcoming, and when they did it kinda made me begin to doubt, shall we say.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I did politely request clear photos of the mentioned points of interest. I will be very surprised if I receive them.

?

Looks good and correct. Mighty fine JFS Panzerkampf Abzeichen 75. nice find. Congrats.

?

Ok guys some better photos... Ned probably not all on the list...any opinions with these?
    Thanks again!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 75  Panzerkampfabzeichen by JFS   75  Panzerkampfabzeichen by JFS  

75  Panzerkampfabzeichen by JFS   75  Panzerkampfabzeichen by JFS  

75  Panzerkampfabzeichen by JFS  

Personally, I'm still liking this badge-more so with the new photos that enlarge. If this is a bad badge, then it's a frighteningly Good one.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

William,
    Do you see anything that you do not like? I am treading carefully.

?

I agree with Wagriff, even finer than my first opinion. Nice original.

I'd Like to be seeing more visible stress lines, as Ned mentioned, but from the photos, there Does seem to be indications of some around the ends of the hinges. I think one of the most alarming bits of red flags, though, may be the bottom of the "7" on the number plate. The bottom on this one is sharp edged with a flat bottom and the known examples that I've seen are rounded . There may well have been variations of these plates, but I havent seen one like this. With the prices these badges are bringing, I would be quite cautious of this one. I think the last example I saw sold for $3,000 and it did not have a Pin.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast