Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Assmann & Sohne, Ludenscheid. - Cupal Hollow PAB in Bronze.

Article about: Hi Guys, Here's a new addition to my Panzerkampf Abzeichen collection. It's a hollow cupal Panzerkampf Abzeichen in bronze by Assmann. Cupal is a copper-aluminium material consisting of an a

Quote by Adrian View Post
    You don't see pieces like that everyday Ned, scarce and fakes are apparently more plentiful than the good original ones. Beautiful badge and the worn highlights bring out the details even more.

Thank you for posting and for the detailed observations and analysis.
    Hi Adrian,

I have to admit to taking a chance on this one, as the pictures supplied weren't showing what I really wanted to see to confirm it was 100% good, and another concern was the price, it was extremely cheap for a genuine one of these. But I had to go with what I could see or it would have been gone! To be fair the vendor did offer a return policy if I wasn't happy, and my gut feeling was it was good, so that was that. I was relieved to open the package and see straight away that my fears were unfounded and it was a good 'un, it's great when things work out like that!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assmann & Sohne, Ludenscheid. - Cupal Hollow PAB in Bronze.
    P
    Many

nice badge Ned.

Congrats Ned!
    A very nice addition to your collection. I can see why you picked it up.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

A very tasteful adding Ned.

For me also one of the most beautiful Panzerkampfabzeichen.The cupal look is great!!!!

Congrats for this piece.

Joe

Had an appraisal from Philippe De Bock the Panzerkampf Abzeichen guru on this and he thinks it's likely the catch has been replaced at sometime. It's a close match apparently, but the problem is not the solder puddle really, it's the positioning of the catch on the badge that concerns him, and also a slight flat spot on the top of the catch that mine's missing. The repair appears period, and considering what I paid for it, i'm gonna keep it even though I could return it if I wanted.

Below is a photo of mine, and an accepted perfect one. You can see how easily it is to fall into the trap when a hands on inspection is not an option.

This is my example above.

And this is the accepted type. Not a lot of difference, but different all the same!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

It could also be possible,that the catch it is a factory re-work.It is the catch the original one?

Nice badge, I agree with Phillipe. This badge has a repaired catch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2