Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen.

Article about: The PAB in bronze by Adolph Scholze looks fine to me. Regards, Ned.

Default Bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen.

The PAB in bronze by Adolph Scholze looks fine to me.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen.
    P
    Many

G43
    ?

Default Re: Lot of awesome German militaria!

Great thanks ned!

Default Re: Lot of awesome German militaria!

Regarding the Panzerkampf Abzeichen, on rotating it I have noticed a strange anomaly above the roadwheels! There should be at least two pronounced 'dots' above them, all the badges I've seen have them, sometimes three, but this badge appears to have none. There also looks to be a 'blank' area below the track that is odd.

The reverse hardware and MM position look correct compared to known Scholze fakes, so I'm really a bit confused by that! Perhaps it's a variation, I don't know, but I'm gonna have to revise my previous opinion until someone else comments on it. Sorry G.

First pic is a known original (see highlighted area in red)

Second, your badge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen.  
    Attached Images Attached Images Bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen. 
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

G43
    ?

Default Bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen.

Bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen.Bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen.Bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen.Bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen.Bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen.
    Last edited by Adrian; 07-20-2012 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

Default Re: Bronze Panzer Badge

Hello, i like the look of the hardware on the reverse,they seem ok. It does seem strange that the two raised "dots"are missing from the middle of the track section.I have not seen an example without the dots before so it could be an unusual variant but it is strange all the same.

G43
    ?

That makes me nervous and curious since that has been mentioned I could not find any AS PABs without the dots either. Thanks for the input possibly another member is aware of this original variation or fake?

Just found this one that is like yours G. It's known as a '1st pattern' Scholze Panzerkampf Abzeichen because the indentation of the press tool is deeper on the reverse than the less defined '2nd pattern'.

What's interesting is that it's "almost" missing the 'dot's' above the roadwheels and again, the grass is less pronounced in places.

The obverse looks odd to me though, almost as if it has been deliberately filed down, or somehow damaged by the forming tool causing drag like marks on the tank and missing centres to the roadwheels. As I have said before, the rear set up looks good, so this is a real conundrum to me!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen.   Bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen.  

G43
    ?

Default Re: Bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen.

I have looked at the badge closer and it does appear to have two dots where they should be but it looks like they are ground or worn down like you stated. I do not know how this happened it does almost look intentional because the marks in the metal are parallel and uniform. This does seem to be an odd case indeed!

Quote by big ned View Post
    Just found this one that is like yours G. It's known as a '1st pattern' Scholze Panzerkampf Abzeichen because the indentation of the press tool is deeper on the reverse than the less defined '2nd pattern'.

What's interesting is that it's "almost" missing the 'dot's' above the roadwheels and again, the grass is less pronounced in places.

The obverse looks odd to me though, almost as if it has been deliberately filed down, or somehow damaged by the forming tool causing drag like marks on the tank and missing centres to the roadwheels. As I have said before, the rear set up looks good, so this is a real conundrum to me!
    Ned, these are not known as "Scholze" being the maker. These are referred to as AS in triangle. Maker unknown.
    The hardware looks good, but I am not sure about the two dots as they are quite prominant on my example. I will post my bronze example of an "AS in triangle" for referrence.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen.   Bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen.  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Ned, these are not known as "Scholze" being the maker. These are referred to as AS in triangle. Maker unknown.
    The hardware looks good, but I am not sure about the two dots as they are quite prominant on my example. I will post my bronze example of an "AS in triangle" for referrence.
    Ralph.
    Whilst it is still considered to be an unknown maker, the "AS in triangle" and the other unknown marking "A.S." has been mooted by many collectors as being that of Adolph Scholze or even A.D. Schwerdt. Forgive me if I have chosen to misrepresent the badge, it was not my intention, merely my opinion after talking with other collectors.

I would be interested if you have any thoughts on the silver badge I have posted Ralph, it seems a little odd to me that it passed Q.C. in that condition, yet it has had the thumbs up from the man who wrote the book on these badges I have been told?

Regards, Ned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast