Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen by AS in Triangle.

Article about: Hi Guys, A recent impulse buy as the price was very fair, and the badge in near mint condition. This is a bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen by the so far unknown maker referred to by collectors as

Default Bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen by AS in Triangle.

Hi Guys,

A recent impulse buy as the price was very fair, and the badge in near mint condition. This is a bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen by the so far unknown maker referred to by collectors as 'AS in Triangle' due to the unidentified makers mark. Looking at the rear set up, it's pretty safe to say that the badge was made in the Gablonz area, and therefore the maker was probably a member of the AGMuK conglomerate, but further investigation is required to tie the maker down.

The design of the badge here is known as the 'Type 3 Die' (3.3.3) due to the design of the grass foreground being different from both the other Types '1' (3.3.1) and '2' (3.3.2) and other variations in the hardware, hand finishing and the different rear 'scoop' of the badge. The finish looks almost black in the pic's, but in direct sunlight it is a very dark chocolate brown. I hope to pick up examples of the other variants in both bronze and silver as and when the opportunity arises, but intend to concentrate on the older non zinc badges for the moment unless a particularly rare or well priced zinc type comes along.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen by AS in Triangle.   Bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen by AS in Triangle.  

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen by AS in Triangle.
    P
    Many

Sweet. Nice find mate. Stewy

Nice one Ned, I am glad it arrived safe and sound, a fine looking award! Leon.

Thanks chaps!

It's a nice example of mid war production badge, and uniquely the only PAB that was manufactured from 3 different dies, rather than an original design that was reworked when it began to wear or became damaged.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Very nice Ned!
    I have only recently noticed these "chocolate" ones and it will be another one to add to the want list!
    Here is my bronze one to show the difference.
    Congrats!
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen by AS in Triangle.   Bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen by AS in Triangle.  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)