Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bronze & Silver Semi Hollow Panzerkampfabzeichen's by Adolf Scholze (A.S.), Gablonz an der Neisse.

Article about: Hi Guys, Here's a pair of Bronze and Silver Panzerkampfabzeichen's by Adolf Scholze, or A.S. as it's sometimes called; that I picked up recently. Both have the soft scooped reverse side and

Default Bronze & Silver Semi Hollow Panzerkampfabzeichen's by Adolf Scholze (A.S.), Gablonz an der Neisse.

Hi Guys,

Here's a pair of Bronze and Silver Panzerkampfabzeichen's by Adolf Scholze, or A.S. as it's sometimes called; that I picked up recently. Both have the soft scooped reverse side and are fitted with the typical ball hinge/flatwire catch hardware. These features are typical of badges made by the makers in the Gablonz area, as is the superior method of crimping the hardware in place, that was also prevalent in the region in slightly different variants of the same style.

Both badges have a good finish applied, a hard wearing Brennlack type on the bronze award, and a bright silver on the other. This and the efficient rear set up shows that these badges were far better quality wise, than most other mid to late war designs by other makers.

The Bronze type.

Bronze & Silver Semi Hollow Panzerkampfabzeichen's by Adolf Scholze (A.S.), Gablonz an der Neisse. Bronze & Silver Semi Hollow Panzerkampfabzeichen's by Adolf Scholze (A.S.), Gablonz an der Neisse.

The Silver one.

Bronze & Silver Semi Hollow Panzerkampfabzeichen's by Adolf Scholze (A.S.), Gablonz an der Neisse. Bronze & Silver Semi Hollow Panzerkampfabzeichen's by Adolf Scholze (A.S.), Gablonz an der Neisse.

The pair together.

Bronze & Silver Semi Hollow Panzerkampfabzeichen's by Adolf Scholze (A.S.), Gablonz an der Neisse.

A few miscellaneous close up's of the hardware, crimping and Makers Mark.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bronze & Silver Semi Hollow Panzerkampfabzeichen's by Adolf Scholze (A.S.), Gablonz an der Neisse.
    P
    Many

?

Those are neat Ned.
    Thanks for showing.

?

very nice

i liked it badges

Ned, a very nice pair! (usually reserved for women!)
    You've been on a buying spree! Congrats!
    I really like this design and the quality of the crimping method. I am still looking for a bronze version myself.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bronze & Silver Semi Hollow Panzerkampfabzeichen's by Adolf Scholze (A.S.), Gablonz an der Neisse.   Bronze & Silver Semi Hollow Panzerkampfabzeichen's by Adolf Scholze (A.S.), Gablonz an der Neisse.  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Excellent badges, Ned and Ralph..........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks for the kind words fella's!

Ralph, i'll keep me eye open for one if you like, i've seen a few of 'em just lately, some just as you like 'em!

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Thanks for the kind words fella's!

Ralph, i'll keep me eye open for one if you like, i've seen a few of 'em just lately, some just as you like 'em!

Regards, Ned.
    Thanks Ned!
    The only problem is, there are so many things I want to add to my collection.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ned, great badges. Did this maker do a hollow backed bronze version? Cheers, Richard.

Quote by DUJAILAH View Post
    Hi Ned, great badges. Did this maker do a hollow backed bronze version? Cheers, Richard.
    Hi Richard,

In answer to your question, yes.....And no.

The earliest known A.S. marked PAB was a silver hollow version in tombak that was like the Juncker type, and only ever produced in that one grade, the only two early PAB's to be singular in this matter. They are extremely hard come by and even often found with the very fragile rear set up broken or repaired should not be ignored if the chance arises to get one, they are that desirable. I considered buying the one below a few weeks back, but the price was shall we say....,intimidating at the time!

Bronze & Silver Semi Hollow Panzerkampfabzeichen's by Adolf Scholze (A.S.), Gablonz an der Neisse.Bronze & Silver Semi Hollow Panzerkampfabzeichen's by Adolf Scholze (A.S.), Gablonz an der Neisse.

A zinc badge followed after the tombak version that was struck using the same die (as above) again only in silver, it's unsure how many were produced and it may never actually have reached beyond pre production, because as far as I've seen only one example has so far arisen in collector circles.

Then, a hollow bronze version DID become available when a very similar, but different obverse and reverse die was manufactured for reasons unknown that closely matched the above badge. The tell tale differences (see below) are the the new grass design and the makers mark that reads as ".A.S" compared to "A.S." on the earlier variant. This type was also made in the silver grade. Although more common than the tombak version, these hollow zincers are still highly desirable.

Bronze & Silver Semi Hollow Panzerkampfabzeichen's by Adolf Scholze (A.S.), Gablonz an der Neisse.Bronze & Silver Semi Hollow Panzerkampfabzeichen's by Adolf Scholze (A.S.), Gablonz an der Neisse.

The final incarnation of the Scholze PAB's was the semi hollow design that started this thread. Nowhere near as rare, they are still very collectable as the design (all Scholze badges are a type 3 design) and finish is considered one of the best of the late war tank badges.

Hopefully this answers your question mate.

Regards, Ned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast