Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A couple of Panzerkampfabzeichen

Article about: I don't collect a lot of badges but I like to have a few examples.

?

Default A couple of Panzerkampfabzeichen

I don't collect a lot of badges but I like to have a few examples.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A couple of Panzerkampfabzeichen   A couple of Panzerkampfabzeichen  

A couple of Panzerkampfabzeichen   A couple of Panzerkampfabzeichen  

A couple of Panzerkampfabzeichen  
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-30-2014 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A couple of Panzerkampfabzeichen
    P
    Many

like them.

A good type 3.3.2 2nd pattern AS in triangle and a very, very nice Juncker hollow zinc in bronze with a directly soldered catch which i've not seen before on these, but is original (as I asked someone else!)

Here's mine with the more common catch with round baseplate and darker, chocolate finish.

Regards, Ned.

A couple of Panzerkampfabzeichen A couple of Panzerkampfabzeichen
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Ned, can I ask. The eagles beak differs between the two examples. Could it be a die flaw? Also, the cross hatching below the eagles wings looks different (could be angle of pics though). Anyway, bowing to your better understanding of PKA's. Could they be different variants? Or just a different catch set-up? Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Hi Ned, can I ask. The eagles beak differs between the two examples. Could it be a die flaw? Also, the cross hatching below the eagles wings looks different (could be angle of pics though). Anyway, bowing to your better understanding of PKA's. Could they be different variants? Or just a different catch set-up? Stewy
    Hi Stewy,

I had my concerns like you, so I asked Phillipe De Bock to look at it this morning, and he gave it the , which quickly poured oil on my troubled waters.....

EDIT: Forgot to answer the question, the zinc badge is the same as the earlier N/S Juncker except it's not got the right hand driving light flaw seen in many of the earlier ones, but still retains the die flaw between the 1st and 2nd left track chain.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Beautifully photographed Ned, I must say.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Stewy,

I had my concerns like you, so I asked Phillipe De Bock to look at it this morning, and he gave it the , which quickly poured oil on my troubled waters.....
    Cheers mate. I'm glad it wasn't just me that had some reservations. And PhilDB's the right man to ask about any issues. Stewy

Quote by CARL88 View Post
    Beautifully photographed Ned, I must say.
    Scanner at the local library actually....Tee Hee.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Scanner at the local library actually....Tee Hee.
    And you might've got away with it. If it weren't for those pesky kids! Stewy

?

Thanks for checking out the badges. Lots of small detail you have to look at in badges. I'm a buckle collector and it sound like the same things we look at in buckles. Die flaws, catch attachments, eagle variations ect.

Thanks

Kirby

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast