Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ewe made Panzerkampf Abzeichen

Article about: Here is a recent addition to my PAB collection. It has some wear to the high points, but still in nice condition IMHO! I hope you like it. Ralph.

?

Default re: Ewe made Panzerkampf Abzeichen

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    So, wouldn't that be a good reason to think that they might be fake? Are there any EWE badges with vet provenance?
    That is a good and interesting question! A few things to ponder and perhaps discuss........

If fake, why not fake a known maker as surely they would be more desirable? I mean, is anyone really going to fall for a maker no-one has ever heard of?

Are all '75' marked EK2s fake too? We don't know the maker and as far as I know this company didn't make much else........?

There are many things out there with vet provenance, does that really make everything ok? Are all the SS items that the vet 'prised from the hand of the dying SS officer' that they had just killed in hand to hand combat real or is the story true?

A nice badge though Ralph from this mysterious and scarce maker, thank you for posting.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ewe made Panzerkampf Abzeichen
    P
    Many

Zitat out from the book:

"The production of these badges must have been more time consuming than it was for other design type V (Austrian Design) makers.This can indicate that the company had very little or no experience in badge production and at the same time explain why EWE PABs are rare.The fact that they only exist as one variant indicates that production must have been very limited."

Quote by Adrian View Post
    That is a good and interesting question! A few things to ponder and perhaps discuss........

If fake, why not fake a known maker as surely they would be more desirable? I mean, is anyone really going to fall for a maker no-one has ever heard of?
    That is a very good point, although a particularly smart faker could use this to his advantage. If I were a faker, I think I would try to make something that doesn't quite resemble any other variant.

Are all '75' marked EK2s fake too? We don't know the maker and as far as I know this company didn't make much else........?
    Well, wouldn't '75' fall within the sequential order of PKZ-marked EKII's? Even if the maker is unknown, do they match other EKII's in quality closely enough for us to regard them as genuine?

There are many things out there with vet provenance, does that really make everything ok? Are all the SS items that the vet 'prised from the hand of the dying SS officer' that they had just killed in hand to hand combat real or is the story true?
    I guess what I meant by "vet provenance' is solid, irrefutable evidence that this maker existed during WWII, or at least a small amount of some kind of evidence. For example, have any of these badges been dug up? Have any of them ever been found with a grouping of other known authentic items? Is there a period catalogue that is known to exist with this maker listed?

Bear in mind that none of these are rhetorical questions, I am really looking for answers. Please view my posts as inquisitive, not argumentative.

Great discussion!

KSH
    ?

For example, have any of these badges been dug up?

Ground dug EWE...

Ewe made Panzerkampf AbzeichenEwe made Panzerkampf Abzeichen

Mo, get access to one and handle it, therein lies the answer. I shall say no more. I am in an esoteric mood.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.

?

Bear in mind that none of these are rhetorical questions, I am really looking for answers. Please view my posts as inquisitive, not argumentative.
    Your posts aren't taken in any way other than as you intend them Mo and my comments are intended to encourage discussion.

Regarding the '75' EK2s, these have unique frames and cores which are unlike any other maker but yes, they do match up in terms of quality so they are considered genuine, like the EWE badge which started the thread.

Thanks for the pics, Kenneth. The patina on that piece and the quality of the design would count as acceptable evidence for me to add one to my collection.

Your posts aren't taken in any way other than as you intend them Mo and my comments are intended to encourage discussion.

Regarding the '75' EK2s, these have unique frames and cores which are unlike any other maker but yes, they do match up in terms of quality so they are considered genuine, like the EWE badge which started the thread.
    Thanks for your reply, Adrian. I am going to have to pick up some books on kriegsabzeichen before I get too heavily involved in collecting them.

?

Thanks for your reply, Adrian. I am going to have to pick up some books on kriegsabzeichen before I get too heavily involved in collecting them.
    The book Joachim mentioned earlier by Phillipe De Bock is probably the best reference for the Panzerkampfabzeichen.

Quote by KSH View Post
    Ground dug EWE...

Ewe made Panzerkampf AbzeichenEwe made Panzerkampf Abzeichen

Mo, get access to one and handle it, therein lies the answer. I shall say no more. I am in an esoteric mood.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.
    Very nice ground dug!It bring a little more light in the darkness.

The book Joachim mentioned earlier by Phillipe De Bock is probably the best reference for the Panzerkampfabzeichen.
    Yes i agree with Adrian.It is the best book about Panzerkampfabzeichen at the marked.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast