Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Frank&Reif

Article about: Hello! Please, help me. What can you say about this Frank & Reif Stuttgart? Buntmetall. You can help me so much!

Default Frank&Reif

Hello! Please, help me. What can you say about this Frank & Reif Stuttgart?Frank&ReifFrank&Reif
    Buntmetall.
    You can help me so much!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Frank&Reif
    P
    Many

This badge is a cast fake, the obverse design is wrong and so is the rear set up. For the record, F&R didn't produce buntmetal badges, only zinc.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Agreed-a cast fake. The back shows the obvious casting porosity and flaws and the obverse is not much better-look at the grass. Sorry....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Talking of the grass, the 3 clumps of trident shaped grass stalks on the upper right of the foreground show that this badge has been copied from an original unknown maker that's called the 'Oval Crimped Design'.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I have to say that the comments made on this was ...slice, dice, splice..and tie it neatly to get it ready for the bin. Precise and to the point answers
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

May be it doesn't buntmetall, and the seller lie to me?))

Quote by big ned View Post
    Talking of the grass, the 3 clumps of trident shaped grass stalks on the upper right of the foreground show that this badge has been copied from an original unknown maker that's called the 'Oval Crimped Design'.
    Please tell me, where i can read about frank & reif? I can't find a good information about that.

Hi Guys

I agree this one is a cast fake and as Ned states, the obverse design does not match F&R solid Panzerkampf Abzeichen's.

Here is my example to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Frank&Reif   Frank&Reif  

Very nice badge, Fischer!

Splend, or u may visit HEER / WAFFEN SS SILVER PANZER ASSAULT BADGE – FRANK & REIF Jims Militaria Collection || 989-274-6314 and take a look at another minty F&R panzer badge.

Quote by splend64 View Post
    May be it doesn't buntmetall, and the seller lie to me?))
    I would send it back for a refund, these badges are starting to get to be far too expensive to be getting caught with a bad one....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast