MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Frank&Reif

Article about: Hello! Please, help me. What can you say about this Frank & Reif Stuttgart? Buntmetall. You can help me so much!

Here are some more examples of Frank & Reif Panzerkampf Abzeichen's to compare. The silver one being awarded to my father.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Frank&Reif   Frank&Reif  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Frank&Reif
    P
    Many

Hi Ralph,

An interesting contrast in the two badges you own. The bronze 'low maker mark' is considered to be the earliest of the two F&R badges here and is categorized as the 4.2.1. type. The other later silver one is known as the 4.2.2. type and has a semi scooped reverse and 'central maker mark' in a slightly different font. The scooped design allows a saving of the base zinc material. It's also interesting to note the die flaw on the upper left oak leaf/ edge rim caused by excess material on this later badge. This anomaly got progressively worse as production continued, and i've highlighted it below. All F&R badges closely resembled the B.H.Mayer obverse design on which they were based, the hardware variants are typical.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Frank&Reif  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Another Silver F&R, as if another is needed!

Frank&Reif Frank&Reif

Well, more is never enough! Lol

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Ralph,

An interesting contrast in the two badges you own. The bronze 'low maker mark' is considered to be the earliest of the two F&R badges here and is categorized as the 4.2.1. type. The other later silver one is known as the 4.2.2. type and has a semi scooped reverse and 'central maker mark' in a slightly different font. The scooped design allows a saving of the base zinc material. It's also interesting to note the die flaw on the upper left oak leaf/ edge rim caused by excess material on this later badge. This anomaly got progressively worse as production continued, and i've highlighted it below. All F&R badges closely resembled the B.H.Mayer obverse design on which they were based, the hardware variants are typical.

Regards, Ned.
    Thanks Ned!
    I also noticed a mis-alignment of the dies in the later version.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Heres my PAB Frank ReifAttachment 955873Frank&Reif

The PKA that started this tread is a sand cast fake IMO, sorry. Stewy

I posted pic to see what u folks think of my PZA any feedback on this
    Cheers

Is there a pic of the reverse? You'd be better off starting a thread of it yourself, rather than adding it to this thread. Stewy

Heres its backside.Frank&ReifFrank&Reif

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast