Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this a genuine

Article about: Hi there ,this is my first posting... i have owned this badge since the early 1970's i was wondering if any members here have a opinion on it being real or a replica i swapped it as a kid fo

?

Post Is this a genuine

Hi there ,this is my first posting... i have owned this badge since the early 1970's i was wondering if any members here have a opinion on it being real or a replica i swapped it as a kid for something and have questioned its originality ever since ..it has a good weight if it is indeed a replica it certainly looks the part..i was thinking about striking up my WW2 military interest and found packed away in my cellar.
    The makers mark states frank & reif Stuttgart? ..any information very much appreciated. ..the pictures make the badge appear darker than it actually is it is actually a lot more shiny!

Is this a genuineIs this a genuineIs this a genuineIs this a genuine

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a genuine
    P
    Many

No sorry. Stewy

Hardware is wrong for a start (F&R never used this type of hardware). It also has soft details to the obverse. That's just to start with, sorry. Stewy

?

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    No sorry. Stewy
    Many thanks for your lightening quick response Stewy...any additional information as to what the pointers are regarding this particular badge

Some F&R's of mine. Bronze is marked, silver isn't. Stewy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a genuine   Is this a genuine  

Is this a genuine   Is this a genuine  

Bronze has the mirror image "J" makers mark. Stewy

?

Yes i can see that your badge has a completely different look about it...my badge just doesn't look right in comparison....many thanks for your help on this one Stewy

Quote by MOFFS View Post
    Many thanks for your lightening quick response Stewy...any additional information as to what the pointers are regarding this particular badge
    Hi MOFFS,

Here's what a genuine 'low maker mark' (they also come 'central mark' and 'unmarked') F&R Panzerkampf Abzeichen should look like. Note all the relevant points, set up, maker mark, base material finish, obverse detail etc.

Regards, Ned.

Is this a genuineIs this a genuine
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Stewy,

Great to see an unmarked F&R with the distributors logo, i've only seen one before marked 'Alois Klammer, Innsbruck.' A nice variation.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks Ned, I have got some close up pics of the makers mark somewhere but I'm struggling to find them. Stewy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast