Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Group of TR Combat badges.

Article about: Hey guys these are all being sold as originals. I would firstly like to say that i believe the wound badge to be good and nicely maker marked, also the PAB seems to have the correct pin set

Default Group of TR Combat badges.

Hey guys these are all being sold as originals. I would firstly like to say that i believe the wound badge to be good and nicely maker marked, also the PAB seems to have the correct pin set up to correspond to the maker, but i would still love to have your opinions on them please,
    Thanks, Glen.
    PS i have recently brought a load of different reference books which should help me out a lot!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Group of TR Combat badges.   Group of TR Combat badges.  

Group of TR Combat badges.   Group of TR Combat badges.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Group of TR Combat badges.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Group of TR Combat badges.

The Fallschirmschützenabzeichen and Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher are fake...........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

HI thanks Adrian, so are the rest good? I can see why the blockade breaker badge is fake because you can see pitting marks on the boat, and the swas on the para badge looked a little out of shape,
    Thanks, Glen.

?

Quote by Glennyboy619 View Post
    HI thanks Adrian, so are the rest good?
    I'm not saying that Glen, these are the two obvious fakes. The Panzerkampfabzeichen looks ok as does the Verwundetenabzeichen. I'm not crazy about the Minensuch Kriegsabzeichen at the moment.....

The wound badge looks ok.

Here is an original to compare

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Group of TR Combat badges. 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hi Guys,

The Minesweeper badge is a controversial flatback variant, type 2.13.3 in the Classification Table. At the best of times it's not known if these were late war or post-war and it doesn't help that that example seems to have no finish aside from some black paint! Can't see much appeal in that one for any collector, I'm afraid.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

Hi Glen
    I saw these ! and saw that there was something fishy about them. Lets see if I am learning anything please correct me if I am wrong anybody.
    I was put of them because the Fallschirmschützenabzeichen eagle looked far to big compared to others .
    And the Panzerkampfabzeichen looked very bumpy in the hollows on the back compared to the one on Lorenzos page if that makes sense.
    Yes Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher the looked pitted.
    I wasn,t sure about the Verwundetenabzeichen because of the dimples are only showing partly on the back my ones either show them all or not at all. But now Nick has showed his I see this must be normal for this maker.
    I hadn’t a clue about the Minensuch Kriegsabzeichen but now that Norm F has posted his hard work about this subject in a thread this will help enormously. Thanks!
    Rod

?

The Fallschirmschützenabzeichen is wrong on so many levels I'm struggling to find anything right with it! Ok, it has a wreath and an eagle. That's about it.

Seriously though, wreath is bad, eagle is bad, rivets are bad, hinge, pin, catch all bad, makers mark - well, you get the picture......

None of the above points conform to any known and accepted original wartime maker.

I should have wrote at a glance the eagle was to big. I didn’t even look any further.
    When I see things like this it puts me right of anything else the seller has to offer , that’s just me though!
    I must say though the wound badge looks identical to Nicks.
    thanks
    Rod

OK cheers guys for all your input, so the WB seems ok, what about the PAB? So i take it that the Minesweeper badge is bad as well...?
    Thanks, Glen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast