Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Have a Look! Fakes

Article about: Fellow collectors, I recently posted some panzer badges in my collection. I obtained these from various shows in the late 70's early 80's. Some were vet pick-ups. It appears that I probably

Default Have a Look! Fakes

Fellow collectors, I recently posted some panzer badges in my collection. I obtained these from various shows in the late 70's early 80's. Some were vet pick-ups. It appears that I probably bought these fakes though. Don't remember. Well, 2 of my badges were declared to be repros. if anyone needs a reference for "Juncker Two Dot fakes" Here they are: note the dots above the bottom part of wreath. I will not validate whether or not the gents on the forum are correct or not...I trust their judgement in this context.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Have a Look! Fakes   Have a Look! Fakes  

Have a Look! Fakes   Have a Look! Fakes  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Have a Look! Fakes
    P
    Many

It's always hard being told that something you have owned for a long time is deemed a fake. Especially when bought from the vet that picked it up. People have a hard time Remembering and stories sell items. .... Sadly. ...... However ned called this one out I believe ...... and as usual he was not wrong. Sorry you got burnt. It's happened to is all

That used to be one of the biggest scams going at one time. Old men claiming to be 'veterans' parting with their souvenirs.

Hi Mike,

I guess the Juncker probably wasn't as bad a hit as the RK 25 GAB was though i'd imagine. I actually showed the pictures of it to Philippe De Bock and voiced my suspicions, which he quickly confirmed. Unfortunately there is no doubt, both badges are bad. Pre internet, it must have been a bit of a lottery for many collectors, as info on the fakes that were coming out on a regular basis was not as readily available to examine. And of course, people were more trusting in those halcyon, far off golden days when you weren't afraid to leave your front door unlocked and the keys to your truck on the porch next to the rocking chair and shotgun....It's better to know the truth sometimes, but it's not so easy to have to point it out unfortunately.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Have a Look! FakesMistake? Photo №3 is original S&H.

Quote by ryuuk View Post
    Have a Look! FakesMistake? Photo №3 is original S&H.
    Hi ryuuk,

No mistake, it was called good in another thread but has somehow got tagged onto this one by accident.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

not much one can say about fakes we have all been down that road,I was just lucky when I started collecting the medals a badges were just scrap metal bought home and tunics just rags for the scrapman.when I was a kid my family were friendly with our local one and he let me keep items I liked.

The main reason I stopped collecting German medals and awards was finding out a pab I had had for years was a blobby fake as was a Spanish Verwunden abzeichen which also turned out to be a fake. The two killed collecting such items for me. I sold most of the good ones I had, but I still have the two fakes, just to remind me.

Sorry to be so cheerful about this, bl##dy bast#rd fakers..
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    not much one can say about fakes we have all been down that road,I was just lucky when I started collecting the medals a badges were just scrap metal bought home and tunics just rags for the scrapman.when I was a kid my family were friendly with our local one and he let me keep items I liked.

Better than a day old chick, a goldfish or a blow on his trumpet eh, H??

Have a Look! Fakes

it was a proper shop Ned,great place to be growing up in.what with the army barracks around the area.